PIRATES MAKE SECOND STRAIGHT PLAYOFF APPEARANCE
The Granbury Pirate football team made their second straight playoff appearance on November 12, 2011, taking on the Killeen Kangaroos in a Class 4A Divsion I bi-district game at Baylor University’s Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco.
The Pirates fell to the Kangaroos 36-3 in the playoff game, with kicker Michael Horn scoring a 36-yard field goal in the third quarter.
It was the second bi-district game for the Pirates under head coach Scotty Pugh, who was in his fourth year after coming to Granbury in 2008. Prior to 2010’s post-season appearance, it had been since 1977 that the Pirates played in a bi-district playoff – and since 1987 when the team competed in a zone playoff game.
Taking snaps for the team were quarterbacks Slade Boynton, Justice Love, and freshman Ryan Suitt. Players with receptions were freshman Nick Doughty (2-19), Clayton Adams (2-9), and Travis Hord (4-8).
Leading the Pirates on the ground was running back Brandon Davis, who ran for 101 yards on 25 carries. Davis had won the district rushing title with 1,707 yards over the regular season. Also carrying the ball was Michael Brawley (2-25)
Links to Related Information:
- 11/7/2011: Pirates Headed Back to Football Playoffs
- 11/04/2011: Freshman Pirates Perfect in District Football
- 10/31/2011: Pirates Stuff Elks to Win Third Straight
- 10/24/2011: Pirates Dominate Crowley Eagles in District Win
- 10/17/2011: Pirates Win Third Straight Home Football Game
- 10/3/2011: Pirates Roll to Homecoming Victory
- 9/12/2011: Pirates Tame R.L. Turner Lions in Home Opener
- 9/8/2011: New "Voice of the Pirates" Calling Football, Volleyball Games
- 8/26/2011: Pirate Football Season Ready to Kick Off
- 8/2/2011: Pirate Football to Kick Off with Midnight Practice
- 7/20/2011: Pirate Football Ticket Sale Schedule Announced
- 6/22/2011: Pirates Picked for Football Playoffs in 2011