GHS BAND MEMBERS MAKE ALL-REGION
December 12, 2011
Eighteen Granbury High School Pirate Band members were selected for the All-Region Band during tryouts held during the week of December 5, 2011. Eight are advancing to the area auditions for a chance to make the All-State Band.
The region tryouts for TMEA Region 7 were held during two phases, with the first on December 5 at Aledo High School. The second phase, which also included ninth graders, was held on December 10 at Fort Worth Paschal High School. The region is composed of schools in Fort Worth and extends west to Brownwood and Brady.
GHS students qualifying for the region band were: Ashleen Atchue, oboe; Ross Backus, percussion; Hunter Beck, trumpet; Peyton Bloodgood, trumpet; Chandler Chiappe, percussion; Cameron Hastings, alto saxophone; Justin Kochis, percussion; Zach Morgan, French horn; Shannon Rohde, contra bass clarinet; Sarah Smith, bassoon; Sam Tyra, percussion; and Phoebe Wallace, clarinet. Freshmen from Crossland Ninth Grade Center selected were: BreAnne Daly, percussion; Alissa Jillson, flute; Brent Monk, percussion; Josh Musser, percussion; Kendon Parker, tuba; and Kaleb Rankin, percussion.
Last year, Atchue, Beck, Kochis, Morgan, Rohde, and Smith all qualified for the region band. Morgan and Smith advanced to area.
Pictured above are (left to right): back – Justin Kochis, Sam Tyra, Hunter Beck, Zach Morgan; third – Kendon Parker, Josh Musser, Ross Backus, Chandler Chiappe, Kaleb Rankin; second – Alissa Jillson, Cameron Hastings, Sarah Smith, Shannon Rohde; front – BreAnne Daly, Ashleen Atchue, Phoebe Wallace, Peyton Bloodgood. Not pictured is Brent Monk.
Links to Related Information:
- 11/30/2011: Granbury Fine Arts Groups Hosting Holiday Concerts
- 11/22/2011: Cymbal Line Excels at Drumline Contests
- 11/14/2011: Drumline Shines at Lone Star Classic
- 11/7/2011: GHS Seniors Recognized at Final Home Football Game
- 11/7/2011: Band Names Beau and Sweetheart
- 10/31/2011: Pirate Band Shines at Area Marching Contest
- 10/24/2011: GHS Band Earns Superior Rating at UIL Marching Contest
- 10/17/2011: Pirate Band Preparing for Regional Marching Contest
- 10/10/2011: GHS Pirate Band Advances to Aledo Festival Finals
- 9/21/2011: Drumline Competes at First Contest
- 7/28/2011: Drum Majors Set to Lead GHS Pirate Band
- 7/20/2011: Pirate Band Ready for March to State