PERCUSSIONISTS DAZZLE CROWD AT CONCERT
Granbury band percussionists were showcased during the 4th Annual Night of Percussion concert held March 22, 2012, at Granbury High School. Featured were students from GHS, Crossland Ninth Grade Center, Acton Middle School, and Granbury Middle School.
Soloists were GHS junior Ross Backus, GHS sophomore Chandler Chiappe, and AMS eighth grader Reagan Hall. In addition, Chiappe and GHS senior Sam Tyra performed a dueling duet “Bring Me to Life,” which the two wrote and arranged.
Other highlights of the evening include a GHS percussion ensemble performing “Mas Fuerte” by Stephen Rush, a high school marimba choir performing “Adagio for Strings” by Samuel Barber, and the combined high school and middle school group coming together (pictured above) to perform the finale “Galloping Comedians” by Dmitri Kabelevsky.
The high school ensemble and indoor drumline included Ross Backus, Alexis Baker, Colleen Castaneda, Chandler Chiappe, BreAnne Daly, Brandon Danz-Shepherd, Klint Keating, Justin Kochis, Brent Monk, Josh Musser, Kaleb Rankin, Randy Sillivent, Sam Tyra, Garrett Williams
AMS percussion class membersare seventh and eighth graders Montana Diaz, Reagan Hall, Lauren Hammonds, Cade Hicks, Nicole Kallemeyn, Carter Moughan, Casey Neckar, Hunter Prewitt, Khaled Sabek, Jonathan Sager, Rebecka Troyer, and Shelby Wininger. Those from GMS in these grade levels are Brandon Andrews, Tyler Blevins, Cadence Chiappe, Laura Farmer, Dakota Foster, Zach Mercer, Daishia Pratt, Derrick Singer, and Rachel Young.
Not all seventh and eighthgraders were able to perform due to a conflict with a middle school track meet.
Sixth grade beginning percussion students are: AMS – Gavin Comolli, Ashleigh Hallmark, Haley McLane, Justin Molder, Jacob Murphy, Cooper Nelson, Tyler Rau, Abby Shepherd, Haydn Tackett, Ashleigh Wilson; GMS – Gary Beggs, Bryton Cummings, Connor Dixon, Jaycee Flowerree, Addie Jackson, McKena Singleton, Lauren Wallace, Trevor Williamson, Codi Zableckis.
The students are under the direction of Tahlequah Kirk.
Links to Related Information:
Previous News Articles:
- 2/29/2012: Granbury Bands and Choirs Holding Pre-UIL Concerts
- 2/29/2012: Percussion Concert Slated for March 22
- 2/27/2012: GHS Band Students Perform Well at Solo and Ensemble Contest
- 2/14/2012: Trio of GHS Musicians Performs with All-State Ensembles
- 1/23/2012: All-Region Band Concert Features GHS Students
- 1/17/2012: GHS Students, Teacher Recognized at School Board Meeting
- 1/9/2012: French Horn Player Makes All-State Band
- 12/16/2011: Holiday Concerts Showcase Bands and Choir
- 12/12/2011: GHS Band Members Make All-Region
- 12/6/2011: Middle School Students Perform with All-Region Band
- 11/30/2011: Granbury Fine Arts Groups Hosting Holiday Concerts
- 11/22/2011: Cymbal Line Excels at Drumline Contests
- 11/14/2011: Drumline Shines at Lone Star Classic
- 11/14/2011: Middle School Students Make All-Region Band
- 11/7/2011: GHS Seniors Recognized at Final Home Football Game
- 11/7/2011: Band Names Beau and Sweetheart
- 10/31/2011: Pirate Band Shines at Area Marching Contest
- 10/24/2011: GHS Band Earns Superior Rating at UIL Marching Contest
- 10/18/2011: Middle School Bands Perform at Halftime Show
- 10/17/2011: Pirate Band Preparing for Regional Marching Contest
- 10/10/2011: GHS Pirate Band Advances to Aledo Festival Finals
- 10/6/2011: Sixth Graders Learning Musical Notes
- 9/27/2011: Granbury Choir Students Advance to Regional Auditions
- 9/21/2011: Drumline Competes at First Contest
- 7/28/2011: Drum Majors Set to Lead GHS Pirate Band
- 7/20/2011: Pirate Band Ready for March to State