2022-23 In-District Transfer Procedures
Round 2: July 11 - 29, 2022Round 2 is for new GISD students enrolling for the first time.In-district transfers are for students residing in GISD but wish to attend a campus different from the campus designated for their residence.Requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.Parent/guardians will receive an email notification by August 5, 2022.Parents/guardians may complete the 2-page request/agreement form and submit to the campus requested to attend.The forms will be available on this page only during the windows below.No transfer requests are automatically approved.
In-District Transfer Forms
In-District Transfer Agreement
Below is a copy of the In-District Transfer Agreement with terms and conditions that the parent/guardian must agree to when applying for an in-district transfer. This is just a copy of that document; the downloadable form will be available during the transfer application windows of dates.
This IN-DISTRICT TRANSFER AGREEMENT establishes the terms and conditions for the named student to attend a Granbury ISD (District) campus as an in-district transfer student for the 2022-2023 school year, although the student is a resident in another District campus attendance zone.
HOME CAMPUS/ATTENDANCE ZONE: _______________________________________________________
REQUESTED CAMPUS/ATTENDANCE ZONE: _________________________________________________
The student’s parent or other person having lawful control of the student requests that the student be permitted to attend the named campus in the 2022-2023 school year and agrees to the following terms and conditions for that transfer:
- This transfer is effective for the current school year only. District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that the student will be admitted as a transfer for any subsequent school
- This transfer is approved for the named student District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that another student from the same family will be admitted as a transfer.
- The student must maintain acceptable levels of attendance and compliance with District rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct, throughout the entire school Acceptable levels are defined as:
- Attendance that does not place the student at risk of losing credit under Education Code 25.092 or require the District to warn the parent or the student of truancy proceedings under Education Code 095;
- Compliance with the District’s rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct, such that no offenses result in removal to a disciplinary alternative education program or
- The Superintendent or designee may revoke the transfer of a student who fails to maintain an acceptable level of attendance or compliance with District rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct.
- If this agreement is revoked, revocation ordinarily will be effective at the end of a semester; however, the Superintendent or designee has discretion to revoke the transfer immediately if the student’s continued presence threatens the safety of other students or teachers or will be detrimental to the educational If this transfer agreement is revoked, a specific return date may be determined by the Superintendent or designee and campus principals.
- The parent or the student will be responsible for transportation to and from the requested campus.
- Except as modified by this transfer agreement, the student will be subject to all policies, regulations, rights, privileges and responsibilities of enrollment in the District.
The District and the parent agree that this transfer agreement is the entire agreement controlling the admission and enrollment of the student at the requested campus for the 2022-2023 school year.