Classroom Expectations and Procedures
Welcome to a new school year and to Granbury High School! I am pleased to be a part of the education team at GHS, and I look forward to teaching you.
1. Be on time.
2. Bring your materials every day.
3. Act responsibly with work and Covid-19 requirements.
4. Be respectful to teachers and peers.
5. Stay on task during the class period. (No heads down)
6. Participate every day and turn in work.
7. Cell phones/other personal electronics should be out of sight on most days. You may use the charging station at the back of the room.
1. Sanitize your hands upon entry to my room.
2. Food/Drink-Only water is permitted in the room.
3. Restroom- Obtain permission, fill out a hall pass, go, and then sanitize hands upon re-entry.
4. End of class sanitation routine: Use a wipe to clean the Chromebook. Leave the Chromebook open to air dry for the next period. Use a paper towel to clean the table.
1st disruption-verbal warning
2nd disruption-private discussion in the hallway
3rd disruption-private discussion and parent contact
4th disruption-office referral
Supplies: spiral or binder, notebook paper, pens, pencilsTardies: Parent contact for 3rd tardy / office referral for subsequent tardies
Major grades 40%- At least 2 each 6 weeks
Minor grades 60%- At least 10 each 6 weeks
2. Correcting Failed Assignments/Tests: Failed assignments or tests may be corrected during morning or afternoon tutorials within a one-week period for a maximum grade of 70.
3. Google Classroom: I will post all online and paper assignments on Google Classroom.
4. Make-up work: Students may have the number of days absent plus one day to make up work and tests.
5. Late work will be accepted on major assignments with a 10-pt. deduction
6. RC Grade (Reading and Communication)
2.1A-The student will engage in meaningful, respectful discourse by listening actively, responding appropriately, and adjusting communication to audience and purpose.
2.1D-The student will participate collaboratively and build on the ideas of others.
2.3-The student will read independently for a sustained period of time.
Grade: Each student will receive 2 RC minor grades per six weeks. The student will begin the 3-week period with a 100 but may receive a deduction for failing to master the TEKS stated above.
To maintain your 100 RC grade, you should--Stay off electronic devices, except when they are required for the lesson, actively read your classroom library book, etc., participate in class discussions in a respectful manner.
Tuesday-Thursday Mornings 8:15-8:40
Afternoons until 5:00 (Later by appointment)
Please sign and return to class by Friday, Aug. 20th.
Student's name: _________________________________
Parent's name:___________________________________ How would you prefer to be contacted? Email:_____________________________________________