Mr. Jose Ochoa
Honors Algebra 2
Send a text to 81010
With the message @ddf87k
ALL WORK IS ON GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Room: GH-500
Welcome to Honors Algebra 2. This class is designed to help prepare you for post high school careers and college readiness.
With the possibility of a shut down due to the Corona Virus pandemic. It is important for you to familiarize yourself with google classroom.
You should come to class each day with:
- An organizational system for taking notes, keeping handouts, and doing assignments.
- Pencils or pens
- We will be using the TI-Nspire calculator in class, but if you have a TI-84 at home then you can use it.
- Laptop or tablet if you have one.
- You must come ready to begin working when you get to class.
- All assignments will be turned in to me by uploading your work on google classroom. Do not just “Mark as Done” without turning in your work.
- Quizzes and Tests will be taken at home through google forms.
- If you are one of those students taking this class online then make sure to answer the short simple question over the video lesson that I will post on google classroom. This will count as your attendance for the day.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to watch the video lesson posted on google classroom and attempt to do your homework.
- I will send you worked out keys through REMIND so make sure and sign up
- I DO NOT TAKE LATE WORK.
- THERE WILL BE NO RETAKES ON QUIZZES OR TESTS.
- IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING, IT IS YOUR RESPONSABILITY TO COME TO TUTORIALS AND/OR ASK ME FOR HELP IN CLASS. Please schedule an appointment with me to make sure you get the help you need.
Please silence all electronic devices during class and put them down or away (including earphones/buds). I will give one warning to put it away. After that I will take it up and give it back after an allotted amount of time. There will be times when we use phones in class, I will let you know when it is ok to have them out.
If you make it in before the door closes, then you will be counted on time and present. If you walk in after the door is closed, then you will be counted tardy. After two tardies I will contact home and after 3 tardies there will be a write up to the front office.
The following categories and grade percentages will apply in my Honors Algebra 2 course:
- 40% Major Grades: Tests, projects.
- 60% Minor/Daily Grades: Quizzes, daily work, homework.
You may use homework on the quizzes. I will not allow retakes on quizzes or tests unless 20% of the class or more fails the assessment. It is important that you prepare yourself before the quiz or test by doing your work, asking questions in class and coming to tutorials if needed.
Mathematics is learned by practicing your problem solving skills on the topics presented in class. Some things may seem clear in class, but you only really learn them when you routinely practice them. Learning math is like learning a foreign language, if you don’t practice it, you will lose the ability to do it.
Besides the posted math tutorial schedule, I am usually available EVERY morning by 8:10, please feel free to stop by my classroom without an appointment. If you would like to come to tutorials after school, please make an appointment with me ahead of time.
The best way to contact me outside of the classroom is through e-mail.