- Granbury ISD
- GISD Employee Connection Blog
Human Resources Department
- Department Directory
- Director of Human Resources Wes Jones
- Employee Handbook
- Employee Policies
- Employee Work Calendars
- Employment Opportunities
- GISD Employee Connection Blog
- GISD Employees Calendar
- Granbury Appraisal Program (GAP)
- Granbury Teachers Excellence Initiative (GTEI)
- LEAP Academy
- Leave and Absences
- Salary and Stipend Schedules
- Signing Bonuses for New Teachers in Shortage Areas
- Staffing and Compensation Studies
- Substitute Teachers
GISD Employee Connection Blog
W-2 and W-4 InformationPosted by GISD Business Office on 11/13/2019
Getting Electronic W-2 – Deadline December 31st
Employees may choose a method for receiving their 2019 Form W-2 statements by completing the 2019 Electronic W-2 Disclosure Statement through SKYWARD in Employee Access.
Employees have two options to choose from – either to consent to receive an electronic version or to receive a paper version of their Form W-2.
The electronic version will be the fastest and most convenient way to receive your 2019 W-2’s. You will receive an email when the electronic version is ready to print via Employee Access approximately on January 22, 2020.
The paper version will not be mailed until January 31, 2020.
The information below is the information that will show up in Employee Access when you log in. These options are at the bottom of the screen. Your selections can be changed later by going to W-2 Information before January 10, 2020.
The first option is telling us you want to print your own W-2 by going through Employee Access. The second option is the district mailing you a copy of the W-2. Either option is the same exact W-2 form. Both are acceptable by the IRS. If you print your own, just print a copy to attach to your IRS form when filing your return.
Interestingly, the electronic version won’t get lost in the mail or thrown away – you can just log on and print another copy.
Once you make your own selection, the message will disappear. If you do not make a selection it will be there each time you log in.
For questions, please contact payroll supervisor Shelley Miller in the Business Office at (817) 408-4139 or email@example.com.
Name/Address Changes and W-4s
All employees are reminded to report name and address changes to the Human Resources Office as soon as possible.
For name changes, you are required to provide a new “original” Social Security card indicating your new name before employment records will be changed.
In addition, you must submit a new W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate) if you have had any of the following changes during 2019:
- Marital status
- Withholding allowances
- Name change
- Address change
The new W-4 may be submitted to the Human Resources Department by December 19.
A W-4 form is available on the Internal Revenue Service website at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf.
Tax TipPosted by GISD Business Office on 10/21/2019
What teachers should know about deducting out-of-pocket classroom expenses
IRS Tax Tip 2019-137, October 2, 2019
Now that fall is here and school has started, many teachers are dipping into their own pockets to buy classroom supplies. Doing this throughout the year can add up fast. Fortunately, eligible educators may be able to defray qualified expenses they paid in 2019 when they file their tax return in 2020.
Educators who work in schools may qualify to deduct up to $250 of unreimbursed expenses. That amount goes up to $500 if two qualified educators are married and file a joint return. However, neither spouse can deduct more than $250 of his or her qualified expenses when they file.
Taxpayers qualify for this deduction if they:
- Teach any grade from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Are a teacher, instructor, counselor, principal or aide.
- Work at least 900 hours during the school year.
- Work in a school that provides elementary or secondary education.
Qualified expenses include:
- Professional development courses.
- Computer equipment including related software and services.
- Supplementary materials.
- Athletic supplies only for health and physical education.
Eligible taxpayers can claim this deduction when they file their taxes. The IRS encourages teachers to consider using tax software or consult a tax professional to help guide them through the process of claiming the deduction.
Many teachers may qualify to use online software for free with IRS Free File.
Payroll Direct Deposit ChangesPosted by GISD Business Office on 10/21/2019
Please be aware that when changing banks, it can have an adverse impact on your payroll direct deposits during the transition period.
To ensure that all employees receive their pay without interruption, especially during the holidays please allow a two week notice, please consider keeping your current bank account that is set up for direct deposit open until you confirm with payroll that direct deposits are being made into your new account.
Granbury ISD direct deposit forms and cancellation forms are available on the website at www.granburyisd.org/payroll.
Please turn in any changes in person to Payroll located in the Business Office.
2019-20 Compensation NoticePosted by GISD Human Resources on 9/12/2019 4:30:00 PM
New compensation has been posted to Employee Access for your review. This information is available by following the steps below.
Login to www.granburyisd.org/employeeaccess then click on the following links:
- Employee Center
- Skyward Employee Access
- Employee Information
- Personal Information
- Personnel – Assignments
- You may have multiple years of assignments. Please pull down the appropriate year (2019-20).
- You may have multiple positions if you have multiple jobs, , i.e. a coach will have a teacher assignment, and stipend assignment
- The salary listed at this level is your projected annualized salary.
- Click the “4” next to the Position you are reviewing to expand the details
- Payroll Information will have the specifics for that assignment including Per Pay Period, Daily Rate, Hourly rate, etc.. This can be expanded by clicking the “4” next to Payroll Information.
If you have questions regarding your compensation, please do one of two things:
- Write out your question and concern and then fax it to the Human Resources Office at (817) 408-4199; or,
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the question(s) and/or the concern(s).
Questions and concerns will be researched and responses will be sent via email, if applicable, as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Salary and Stipend Schedules are available on the Human Resources Dept. website at www.granburyisd.org/hr. New pay rates were based on the following:
- Teachers/Librarians – $2,200 increase up to 5 years’ experience; $4,000 increase for 6 years or more experience
- Auxiliary – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019 (or the starting auxiliary staff wage as indicated below, whichever is higher) not to exceed $3,500.
- Starting Bus Driver wage increased to $14/hr.
- Starting Bus Attendant wage increased to $10.50/hr.
- Starting Child Nutrition Worker wage increased to $12/hr.
- Clerical/Paraprofessional – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
- Professional Support/Administration –3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
- Technology – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
Employees who changed pay grades/positions must be in the current Pay Grade 90 or More Calendar Days to be eligible for the increase as indicated above.
You can review this through the following steps in Employee Access.
- Click on Employee Information
- Click on Payroll - Checks
- At the 9/13/19 check click the “4” sign
- Expand Pays by clicking the “4” sign
If you have questions regarding your retro pay, please email to email@example.com.
The District provides benefits to employees. As of 9/1/2019 District monthly contribution went from $350.00 to $378.00 for full time employees and $254.00 to $282.00 for part time employees. This information is also included in Employee Access. Your specific benefit information can be found in Employee Access through the following steps.
- Click on Employee Information
- Click on Payroll Information
- Click on Payroll - Fiscal YTD or Calendar YTD
- Pick appropriate fiscal year
- Expand by clicking the “4” sign beside the appropriate year
- Expand benefits by clicking the “4” sign
- Please be aware that 2006-07 totals do not include all benefits since the old system did not keep this information in the appropriate format.
Additional Benefits Information
All employees participating in TRS-Active Care medical insurance, please review your 9/13/19 pay check history in Skyward Employee Access to verify that your medical insurance premiums are correct and have been deducted from your pay. Also, if you have elected to take advantage of any voluntary products, please review your pay check history to assure that your chosen voluntary product premiums are correct and have been deducted from your pay as well.
If any discrepancies are found, please contact Dianne Burns in the Human Resources Office as soon as possible so corrections may be processed on the 9/30/19 payroll. Dianne may be reached at (817) 408-4191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- April 2017