- Granbury ISD
- GISD Employee Connection Blog
- Frequently Asked Questions
- GISD Employee Connection Blog
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Products
- CareFlite Membership
- Group Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Section 403(b) Tax Deferred Annuties
- Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan for Part-Time, Seasonal, and Temporary Employees Not Covered by TRS
- Reimbursement for Leave Upon Retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefit Links
GISD Employee Connection Blog
Retirement SeminarsPosted by GISD Communications Office on 1/14/2020
TRTA District 11 Retirement Education Seminar
WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 12:30 P.M.
LOCATION: Region 11 Education Service Center (1451 S. Cherry Lane, White Settlement, Texas 76018)
This seminar is especially geared toward employees who are in their last five years of service. Proper planning is essential – start the process now.
The seminar is conducted by a TRS Retirement Counselor.
Registration is through Region 11 ESC. Call (817) 740-3659 or register online at https://registration.esc11.net/catalog/sessions/4478.
TRS Retirement Seminar for All School Employees
Sponsored by Erath County Association of Retired School Employees
Saturday, February 29, 2020 – 8:30-11:30am
Henderson Junior High School (2798 W. Frey, Stephenville, Texas 76401)
Sign-in 8:30am – Presentation 9-11:30am
Registration: send name and phone number to Judith Meador by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to (817) 637-8995
Presentation by Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Get the facts about retired school employee benefits and issues!
Reimbursement for Leave Upon RetirementPosted by GISD Human Resources on 1/7/2020
Deadline to qualify for this reimbursement is Friday, February 1.
A full-time employee who retires from the District shall be eligible for reimbursement for local leave under the following conditions:
For purposes of this provision, the duty year for an exempt, 12-month employee retiring at the end of August shall extend through his or her final day of service with the District.An eligible employee shall be reimbursed for each day of local leave at his or her daily rate or $100 per day, whichever is less, to a maximum of $3,000 in accordance with the following:
- The employee’s retirement is voluntary, i.e., the employee is not being discharged or nonrenewed.
- The employee provides advance written notice of intent to retire by February 1 of the duty year in which the retirement will occur.
- The employee completes his or her final duty year.
- The employee is retiring under the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
- The employee has at least five consecutive years of full-time service with the District immediately preceding retirement.
- The employee uses no more than six days of paid or unpaid leave during his or her final year of service with the District; and
- The employee uses no more than three days of paid or unpaid leave after providing notice on February 1.
Number of eligible local days
Amount for notification by Feb. 1
Maximum reimbursement for local days
$2500Beginning with the 2020–2021 school year, an eligible employee shall be reimbursed for each day of local leave at his or her daily rate or $100 per day, whichever is less, to a maximum amount of $3,000.The rate established by the Board shall be in effect until the Board adopts a new rate. Any changes to the rate shall apply beginning with the school year following the adoption of the rate change.If the employee is re-employed with the District, days for which the employee received payment shall not be available to that employee.
2019-20 Compensation NoticePosted by GISD Human Resources on 9/12/2019 4:30:00 PM
New compensation has been posted to Employee Access for your review. This information is available by following the steps below.
Login to www.granburyisd.org/employeeaccess then click on the following links:
- Employee Center
- Skyward Employee Access
- Employee Information
- Personal Information
- Personnel – Assignments
- You may have multiple years of assignments. Please pull down the appropriate year (2019-20).
- You may have multiple positions if you have multiple jobs, , i.e. a coach will have a teacher assignment, and stipend assignment
- The salary listed at this level is your projected annualized salary.
- Click the “4” next to the Position you are reviewing to expand the details
- Payroll Information will have the specifics for that assignment including Per Pay Period, Daily Rate, Hourly rate, etc.. This can be expanded by clicking the “4” next to Payroll Information.
If you have questions regarding your compensation, please do one of two things:
- Write out your question and concern and then fax it to the Human Resources Office at (817) 408-4199; or,
- Send an email to: email@example.com stating the question(s) and/or the concern(s).
Questions and concerns will be researched and responses will be sent via email, if applicable, as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Salary and Stipend Schedules are available on the Human Resources Dept. website at www.granburyisd.org/hr. New pay rates were based on the following:
- Teachers/Librarians – $2,200 increase up to 5 years’ experience; $4,000 increase for 6 years or more experience
- Auxiliary – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019 (or the starting auxiliary staff wage as indicated below, whichever is higher) not to exceed $3,500.
- Starting Bus Driver wage increased to $14/hr.
- Starting Bus Attendant wage increased to $10.50/hr.
- Starting Child Nutrition Worker wage increased to $12/hr.
- Clerical/Paraprofessional – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
- Professional Support/Administration –3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
- Technology – 3% increase to 2018-19 salary plus $1,000 (for fulltime employees on staff as of Feb. 1, 2019, not to exceed $3,500)
Employees who changed pay grades/positions must be in the current Pay Grade 90 or More Calendar Days to be eligible for the increase as indicated above.
You can review this through the following steps in Employee Access.
- Click on Employee Information
- Click on Payroll - Checks
- At the 9/13/19 check click the “4” sign
- Expand Pays by clicking the “4” sign
If you have questions regarding your retro pay, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District provides benefits to employees. As of 9/1/2019 District monthly contribution went from $350.00 to $378.00 for full time employees and $254.00 to $282.00 for part time employees. This information is also included in Employee Access. Your specific benefit information can be found in Employee Access through the following steps.
- Click on Employee Information
- Click on Payroll Information
- Click on Payroll - Fiscal YTD or Calendar YTD
- Pick appropriate fiscal year
- Expand by clicking the “4” sign beside the appropriate year
- Expand benefits by clicking the “4” sign
- Please be aware that 2006-07 totals do not include all benefits since the old system did not keep this information in the appropriate format.
Additional Benefits Information
All employees participating in TRS-Active Care medical insurance, please review your 9/13/19 pay check history in Skyward Employee Access to verify that your medical insurance premiums are correct and have been deducted from your pay. Also, if you have elected to take advantage of any voluntary products, please review your pay check history to assure that your chosen voluntary product premiums are correct and have been deducted from your pay as well.
If any discrepancies are found, please contact Dianne Burns in the Human Resources Office as soon as possible so corrections may be processed on the 9/30/19 payroll. Dianne may be reached at (817) 408-4191 or email@example.com.