NEEDING CERTIFIED TEACHERS
***Granbury ISD requires three references from former employers, college professors, supervisors, etc. with at least a minimum of two references being from previous supervisors. Granbury ISD will not accept references from friends or family members.***
Substitute teachers/aides are required to work a minimum of 15 days per semester and a total of 30 days per school year.
Enables students to continue their education with minimal interruption in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- Proof of completion of high school or a GED certificate. If a college graduate, must provide copy of college diploma or college transcripts with date and type of degree.
- Applicants must be at least 22 years of age for middle and high school assignments and 18-21 years of age for elementary only.
- Have the interpersonal skills to work well with children, parents and school staff
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reports to the building principal [school secretary] upon arrival at the school building
- Checks with the principal, department head, or team leader for all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day
- Maintains effective classroom management and supports building-wide standards and policies for safety and health
- Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the lesson plans as prepared by the absent teacher
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during teacher assigned locations and times
- Completes a summary of work completed at the end of each teaching day and leaves it for the regular classroom teacher
- Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates
- Maintains required inventory, equipment and records
- Performs building duties as assigned by the principal
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Uses acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Exemplifies high standards of ethical conduct as described in board policy.
- Moderate physical activity, which includes standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking and moving small stacks of books and other classroom equipment
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal parameters
- May have biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written)
- Ability to instruct
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Ability to make rational and quick decisions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job requires supervision of the classroom and students.
Terms of Employment:
On a daily basis as called
Salary is to be established by the Board
The Superintendent or designee shall have authority to remove a substitute teacher's name from the list.
Primary Location: Various Buildings
Salary Range: Substitute Pay Scale / Per Day
Shift Type: Daily Substitute