How CareFlite Membership Works
Each member will receive a membership card, and key chains.
Each CareFlite household will receive a car sticker that should be prominently displayed on the front windshield of your car, and also your home if desired.
If you live or travel outside the 150 mile range of the helicopter, you may still receive services by the Fixed Wing Airplane within the 500 miles of DFW, which is the range without refueling.
Ground ambulance will only provide service where available; CareFlite handles 9-1-1 calls in Johnson County and provides hospital to hospital transfer services in Dallas metroplex.
If you have an emergency or accident you should always dial 9-1-1 for assistance
- Inform the 911 operator that you are a CareFlite member
- When emergency personnel arrive at the scene of the accident, let them know that you are a CareFlite member
- If you are not able to convey that you are a CareFlite member, the sticker should be an indicator to the first-responder to call CareFlite.
- You can call CareFlite directly for transport at (800) 422-6260.
If you are in a hospital and your doctor wants to transport you to a different hospital or facility, tell your doctor you are a CareFlite member. The transport is included in your membership.
Also included in the membership is non emergency wheel chair service.
Other Important Information about your Membership:
- If you have questions about your membership, please call toll-free, 1-877-DFW-CARE (1-877-339-2273) Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- You also can log on to www.careflite.org for information.