Final Exam Exemptions
2022 Year-End Final Exam Exemption PLan
- Student attendance is calculated by period. All absence codes except X-Codes will count in the tally for exemption purposes.
- If the number of absences does not match for each period, the greatest number is used in determining exemptions.
- Student exemptions will be allowed based on the following chart. The number of absences is cumulative beginning on March 1. (Anyone with a previously documented COVID issue after March 1 needs to visit with their assistant principal.)
- All teachers will participate in this exemption process. All classes will have a final exam on the final exam days.
- Students must have a passing grade (70 or better) as determined by the teacher to be exempt.
- Students who have spent a full day of in-school suspension, out-of-school suspension, or BTC will not be exempt and must take all finals.
- Students who submitted a project for Science Fair will earn an additional exemption.
0 absences: 8 exemptions
1 absence: 8 exemptions
2 absences: 8 exemptions
3 absences: 7 exemptions
4 absences: 6 exemptions
5 absences: 5 exemptions
6 absences: 0 exemptions
7 absences: 0 exemptions
8 absences: 0 exemptions
>8 absences: 0 exemptions
- Teachers with a Zero Period class may test those kids when they feel prepared to do so on any day.
- Note the FLIP in Quest/Lunch on Tuesday to allow our students to eat first and then go to Quest.
- Exemption forms will be available on Wed 5/18 and Thu 5/19 during lunches and must be turned in by 4:30 p.m. on Monday 5/23.
- Students who are EXEMPT but do not have a ride or cannot leave will have an alternate activity (once they are counted present in class).
- Students will not be allowed to “come-and-go.” Plan exemptions accordingly.