The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) requires the designation of an agent to receive notices of copyright infringement. If you believe that any of your works are being infringed upon by any domain owned by Granbury Independent School District, please contact the Designated Agent to receive Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims, below.
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims and Takedown Notices
In accordance with Digital Millennium Copyright Act the notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the content that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- Identification of the material that you believe is infringing on the copyrighted work, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the District to locate the material.
- The complaining party’s contact information
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may find the District’s policies related to this issue at Board Policy CY.