AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination, and our mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
The AVID elective class targets students in the academic middle, who have the desire to go to college and are capable of completing rigorous curriculum using the will to work hard. In the AVID elective, students are routinely required to enroll in their school's toughest courses, such as honors or advanced placement classes.
Activities in AVID Secondary
- Learning with college tutors
- Enrolling in Pre-AP/AP coursework
- Visiting college campuses
- Continuously planning and preparing for college admissions
- Writing for all classes
- Preparing for a professional career
- Interacting with guest speakers
- Developing leadership skills
- Developing success strategies and study skills for lifelong learning