Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER) Accelerated Learning Plan
Public Notice of Intent to Apply for Federal Grant Funds
Granbury ISD will apply for several federal grants for the 2021-2022 school year and plans to use these funds to support the intent and purpose of said grant.
Intent and Purpose
Summary of Planned Expenditures
The grants in the Special Education Consolidated Grant Application provide financial assistance to local educational agencies to help them ensure they identify and provide a free appropriate public education to students with disabilities who are eligible for special education and related services; they protect the rights of students with disabilities and the rights of their parents; and they design individualized education programs that meet the needs of students with disabilities including preparing those students for further education, employment, and independent living.
- Salaries of GISD evaluation personnel
- Annual services to deaf students through Brazos River Regional Day School Program for the Deaf
- 25% set aside for residential educational placements, if needed
- Proportionate Share for private school students with disabilities
- Supplies and materials
- Indirect administrative costs, as allowed
2021-2022 ESSA Consolidated Federal Grant Application
Title I, Part A provides supplemental resources to help schools with high concentrations of students from low-income families acquire the knowledge and skills in the state content standards and to meet the state student performance standards.
- Salaries of instructional specialist personnel
- Intervention supplies and materials
- Professional development
Title II, Part A is to increase student achievement through improving teacher and principal quality and increasing the number of highly qualified teachers in classrooms and highly qualified principals in schools.
- Professional development targeting teacher and principal effectiveness
- Instructional coaching
- Class size reduction
- Materials and supplies for professional development
Title III, Part A ELA is to develop programs for limited English proficient students to attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment, and meet the state content standards and student achievement standards.
- Paraprofessional support salaries for English Language Learners
- Materials and supplies for English Language Learners
- Professional development to serve English Language Learners
Title IV, Part A - SSAEP is to improve students' academic achievement by providing all students with access to a well-rounded education; improve school conditions for student learning; and improve the use of technology.
- Communities in schools
- College tuition assistance
2021-22 Perkins V: Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century
Granbury ISD Career & Technical Education Department went through a full program evaluation last year from the Career & Technical Association of Texas. This next year, we will once again have a new CTE Director. Therefore we will use $3000 once again for another program evaluation to help the new director understand the process and learn more details about the financial and accountability expectations of the position. We will use the remaining funds of the projected allotment on a professional employee to oversee the special programs for students who are in CTE courses. This position will support all CTE programs of study within all district-wide special programs to help support teachers in various instructional strategies for students.
- Salary of a Professional Employee to be the “CTE Special Programs Specialist
- CTE Program Evaluation conducted by Career & Technical Association of Texas