2022-23 Out-of-District Transfer Procedures
Round 2: July 11 - 29, 2022Round 2 is for new GISD students enrolling for the first time.Out-of-district transfers are for students who live outside of Granbury ISD.Parents/guardians may complete the 2-page request/agreement form and submit to the campus requested to attend.The forms will be available on this page only during the windows below.No transfer requests are automatically approved.
Out-of-District Transfer Forms
Out-of-District Transfer Agreement
Below is a copy of the Out-of-District Transfer Agreement with terms and conditions that the parent/guardian must agree to when applying for an in-district transfer. This is just a copy of that document; the downloadable form will be available during the transfer application windows of dates.
This Transfer Agreement establishes the terms and conditions for _____________________ (“student”) to attend the Granbury ISD public schools (“District”) as a transfer student for the _______________ school year, although the student is a resident of the _____________________________ SD. The student’s parent or other person having lawful control of the student,_____________________________ (“parent/guardian”), requests that the student be permitted to attend District schools in the 2022-2023 school year and agrees to the following terms and conditions for that transfer:
- This transfer is effective for the current school year only. District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that the student will be admitted as a transfer for any subsequent school year.
- This transfer is approved for the named student only. District approval of this transfer creates no right or expectation that another student from the same family will be admitted as a transfer.
- The student must maintain acceptable levels of attendance and compliance with District rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct, throughout the entire school year. Acceptable levels are defined as:
a. Attendance that does not place the student at risk of losing credit under Education Code 25.092 or require the District to warn the parent or the student of truancy proceedings under Education Code 25.095;
b. Compliance with the District’s rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct, such that no offenses result in removal to a disciplinary alternative education program or expulsion, and no more than__________ referrals are made within any grading period for other misconduct.
- In accordance with Board policy FDA(LOCAL), the Superintendent may revoke the transfer of a student who fails to maintain an acceptable level of attendance or compliance with District rules and regulations, including the Student Code of Conduct, or may initiate withdrawal of a student whose tuition payments are delinquent. Notice of revocation will be sent to the district of residence.
- If this agreement is revoked, revocation ordinarily will be effective at the end of a semester; however, the Superintendent has discretion to revoke the transfer immediately if the student’s continued attendance threatens the safety of other students or teachers or will be detrimental to the educational process. If this agreement is revoked for nonpayment of tuition, revocation will be effective immediately.
- The parent or the student will be responsible for transportation to and from the District school to which the student is assigned.
- The student and parent acknowledge that eligibility of transfer students for participation in any UIL activity or other activities governed by UIL rules and regulations will be determined in accordance with UIL rules and regulations.
- Except as modified by this transfer agreement, the student will be subject to all policies, regulations, rights, privileges, and responsibilities of enrollment in the District as if he or she resided in the District.
The District and the parent agree that this transfer agreement is the entire agreement controlling the admission and enrollment of the student in the District for the 2022-2023 school year.