Who should take the EMT class?
- Anyone who is interested in working on an ambulance as an EMT.
- Anyone who is interested in working in a hospital as a tech.
- Anyone who is considering becoming a firefighter. Approximately 80% of fire calls are medical. Having the EMT certification increases the chances of being selected for a firefighter job as some services are very competitive. EMT certification is now a requirement for fire certification.
- Anyone who is considering become a policeman. Again, having this certification make you more marketable and increases your chances of getting the job you want.
- Anyone considering medical school. Medical schools LOVE Paramedics and EMTs. Having this certification and a little bit of work experience definitely increases your chances of being accepted into medical school.
Medical Terminology/Principles of Health Science (required)
Health Science (required)
While this class is very fun, interesting, & active, it is also very rigorous. We sometimes cover a chapter per day, and there is homework most nights.