LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCES FOR ASPIRING PROFESSIONALS
Next Cohort Group
The next LEAP cohort will be in 2021-22 school year.
The mission of the Granbury ISD (GISD) LEAP Academy is to develop leadership capacity in selected GISD teacher leaders by providing quality learning and coaching experiences in a collaborative and supportive environment with a focus on individual and organizational growth.
The following criteria will be utilized in selecting all LEAP Academy applicants:
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience
- Articulated interest in becoming a campus or district administrator
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Evidence of leadership abilities as demonstrated in current or previous positions
- Completion of at least 21 hours in an Educational Administration/Educational Leadership Master’s degree program, or hold an earned Master’s degree and 18 hours towards Principal Certification.
- Properly completed application including comprehensive answers to the application questions
- Minimum of two professional references, one of which must be your current supervisor/principal
- Every other year, GISD will take a cohort of between 8-12 applicants.
- One 2-hour sessions per month (seven total meetings)
- Service on a district comprehensive needs assessment committee or planning committee for a district-level event
- Participation in a leadership shadowing activity
- Completion of several program assignments between LEAP sessions
- Participation in a mock interview
- Regular attendance at each session
- Attendance at the May GISD Board Meeting