- Granbury ISD
Return to Headlines
TRUSTEES HOLD MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
January 24, 2023
Board Meeting Briefs
- The Granbury ISD School Board met for its regular monthly meeting on Monday, January 23, 2023.
- Brawner Elementary School Student Council Officers led the pledges. The 2022-23 STUCO officers are Lidia Hernandez, Jett Hollowell, Jadyn Hemphill, and Nicky Arredondo.
- Granbury High School flutist Layla Escatel was honored for her selection for the All-State Band.
- Granbury High School Cheer was recognized for their placing ninth in state and first in district at the UIL Spirit State Championships 5A Division 1.
- Granbury High School Robotics Teams were honored as state-qualifiers for upcoming competitions. The students recognized were Matthew Shute, Caleb Hammond, Jeffery Hunsinger, Nicolas Hughes, Ethan Jenkins, and Cole Mann. The robotic team sponsors are Michelle Hunsinger and Bethany Smith.
- The Child Nutrition Department was recognized for the recent certificate of recognition from the Texas Department of Agriculture.
- Granbury ISD Education Foundation (GEF) president Stacy Mitchell provided an annual update on behalf of the foundation. In November of 2022, GEF awarded over $151,000 in innovative teaching grants. The foundation wishes to remind the community of the 10th annual 50 Fellas Foodfest planned for Saturday, October 21, 2023. More information is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/foundation.
- Assistant superintendent Tammy Clark presented the Annual Texas Academic Performance Report. According to the report, Granbury ISD students out-perform state and district average passing percentages for approaches, meets, and masters for most academic areas. In addition, the Granbury ISD EB (Emergent Bilingual) population out-performs the state and regional EB passing percentages for all academic tested areas for approaches, meets, and masters. Also, the Granbury ISD graduation rate is higher than state and region 11 averages. The reports are posted to the State and Federal Reports page of the district website.
- The Texas Academic Progress Reports pull together a wide range of information on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas every year. The TAPR reports are available at https://www.granburyisd.org/tapr.
- The U.S. Department of Education requires each state to publish annual Federal Report Cards with specific district- and campus-level data. The federal report cards are available at https://www.granburyisd.org/federalreportcard.
- School Report Cards provide a subset of the information available in the Texas Academic Progress Reports (TAPR) on the performance of students. The school report cards are available at https://www.granburyisd.org/schoolreportcard.
- The board approved the Middle School Course Catalog for the 2023-24 school year. The course catalog is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/mscoursecatalog.
- The board approved December monthly meeting minutes, budget amendments, purchase of kitchen equipment, and funding for technology network switches.
- The board accepted over $48,000 in donations from the community to directly benefit students.
- After hearing a report from the aviation subcommittee, the Board of Trustees unanimously approved the plan to sell the District Airplane. Representing the subcommittee were CTE director Todd Gibson and board member Billy Wimberly.
- The sale will go through the normal bid process after an appraisal is performed, and the funds generated from the sale of the plane will return to the CTE department as per the rules governing CTE funds.
- New aviation procedures and prerequisites will be developed to reflect the reliance on the partner flight school for student flight hours.
- The sale will not hinder students from accumulating flight hours.
- The sale will not negatively impact any of the classes in the aviation program of study.
More Meeting Information
- The meeting agenda and minutes may be downloaded from BoardBook.
- The meeting recording may be watched on the Granbury ISD YouTube Channel.
- More School Board information is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/schoolboard.
- Trustees will meet for a board workshop on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 4pm.
- Trustees next convene for a regular meeting on Monday, February 20, 2023, with an Executive Session at 5:00pm followed by a Regular Session at 6:00pm.
- Regular meetings are held in the GISD Board Room in the Administration Building at 217 N. Jones Street.
- Regular meetings are live streamed on the Granbury ISD YouTube Channel.