- Granbury ISD
- Fine Arts News
Return to Headlines
GHS PIRATE BAND MEMBERS RECOGNIZED AT BANQUET
April 26, 2016
Members of the Granbury High School Pirate Band celebrated success during the annual band banquet on April 25, 2016, in the GHS cafeteria.
Aaron Morgan received the John Philip Sousa award, the band's top recognition. The GHS senior is a tuba player and qualified for the Texas Music Educators Association’s All-State Band this year. Morgan (left) is pictured above with band director Mark Eastin.
Band leaders honored were drum majors Braden Jumper and Emma McKelvain as well as colorguard captain Kaily Reason.
Seniors recognized were Fernando Barragan, Reagan Clarkson, Shanon Cooke, Reagan Hall, Kalvin Hughes, Savannah Irish, Matthew Johnston, Braden Jumper, Katie Laster, Aaron Morgan, Samuel Perez, Brennan Ross, Henry Shannon, Whitney Shearon, Lily Thornton, Cameron Weeks, and Adam Wright. Several of the seniors plan to continue with band in college, with some pursuing majors in music educator or performance.
Several other awards were presented:
- Wind Ensemble: Brennan Ross, outstanding senior; Emma McKelvain, outstanding junior; Lauren Boleng, outstanding sophomore; Ian Cone, outstanding freshman
- Symphonic Band: Katie Laster, outstanding senior; Avery Prince, outstanding junior; Bailey McCall, outstanding sophomore; Hunter Harrison, outstanding freshman
- Concert Band: Adam Wright, outstanding senior; Brooke Osteen, outstanding sophomore; Max Beckley, outstanding freshman
- Percussion: Reagan Hall, outstanding overall member and outstanding senior; Addie Jackson, outstanding junior; Tyler Rau, outstanding sophomore; Meghan Childers, outstanding freshman
- Leadership: Fernando Barragan
- Outstanding Marchers: Hayley Ecord and Emily Tipton
- Most Improved: Melanie Boleng and Mallory Irish
Band booster scholarships were presented to seniors Reagan Hall, Matthew Johnston, Aaron Morgan, and Brennan Ross.
The students are under the direction of Eastin and Tahlequah Kirk, Acton Middle School directors John Morgan and Stephanie Bosch, and Granbury Middle School directors Michele Kahne and James Beeson.
Links to Related Information:
Previous News Articles:
- 4/22/2016: GHS Band Wins Sweepstakes Honors at UIL Contest
- 2/23/2016: GHS Band Students Shine at Solo and Ensemble Contest
- 2/15/2016: Granbury Bands and Choirs Holding Pre-UIL Concerts
- 2/15/2016: Seven Musicians Perform with All-State Ensembles
- 2/15/2016: Eastin Honored with Band Fraternity Membership
- 1/20/2016: GHS Students Perform with All-Region Orchestra
- 1/11/2016: Boleng, Morgan Make All-State Band
- 12/18/2015: Fine Arts Groups Hold Christmas Concerts
- 12/15/2015: School Board Honors Students, Teacher at Monthly Meeting
- 12/14/2015: GHS Band Members Make All-Region
- 11/30/2015: GISD Fine Arts Groups Set Christmas Concerts
- 11/18/2015: GEF Prize Party Awards $63,000 in School Grants
- 11/17/2015: Percussionists Win Second at International Contest
- 10/10/2015: Drumline Wins Third at Lone Star Classic
- 10/30/2015: Band Names Beau and Sweetheart
- 10/30/2015: GHS Seniors Recognized at Final Home Football Game
- 10/27/2015: Pirate Band Shines at Area Marching Contest
- 10/14/2015: GHS Band Earns Superior Rating at UIL Marching Contest
- 10/13/2015: GHS Band Posts Strong Performances in DeSoto
- 10/5/2015: Band Marches to Finals at Midlothian Contest
- 10/2/2015: GHS Band to Begin Month of Marching Contests
- 9/28/2015: Middle School Bands Perform at Halftime Show
- 9/24/2015: GHS Band Hosting Reindeer Run on November 28
- 8/28/2015: School Spirit High at First Pep Rally
- 7/27/2015: GHS Pirate Band Ready for Summer Camp