March 9, 2022
Granbury ISD has scheduled three town halls regarding the GISD Bond 22 proposal for March and April 2022.
Town halls will be held on the following dates in the Granbury High School auditorium:
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022 – 6:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022 – 6:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022 – 6:00 P.M.
The April 19 town hall is specifically for parents of students currently in grades PK-2. Childcare will be provided.
The $394 million bond election on Saturday, May 7, 2022, includes a new Granbury High School campus for 3,500 students with career and technical education as well as athletic components.
According to financial projections, the proposal would require an estimated 20-cent property tax rate increase.
The plan would lead to the conversion of the existing GHS and middle schools into a junior high and elementary campuses respectively. Baccus Elementary would become a second early learning academy for full-day pre-kindergarten. Renovation of all current elementary schools would also be included.
Also included are several program changes included in academic and other initiatives:
- early childhood education for full-day pre-kindergarten for all students, smaller class sizes, and district-wide reading and literacy initiatives
- parent choice among elementary campuses
- dual credit and dual enrollment classes for all high school students
- expansion of career and technical education program for aviation, construction science, and Granbury Marine Corps JROTC
- a community youth sports program
The bond proposal also includes construction of a transportation hub on the eastern side of the district as well as new traffic loops at elementary campuses.
More information is available on the district website at www.granburyisd.org/gisdbond22.