April 22, 2022
Granbury High School varsity choirs earned sweepstakes honors at UIL concert and sightreading competition held April 20-21, 2022, at GHS.
Varsity Mixed Chorus, Treble Chorus, and Tenor/Bass Chorus all received Division I superior ratings for both stage and sightreading performances.
The non-varsity Treble and Tenor/Bass Choruses received excellent ratings in the concert portion of the competition and superior ratings for sightreading.
Programs for the GHS groups were:
- Varsity Mixed Chorus: Dawn (Barnum), Bogoroditse Devo, raduisya (Sergei Rachmaninov), Salseo (Galian)
- Varsity Treble Chorus: Sing a New Song (Mendoza), Tota pulchra es (Durufle), Dominus Vobiscum (Jacob Nerverud)
- Varsity Tenor/Bass Chorus: O Sacrum Convivium (Viadana/A.T.D.), Die Minnesanger (The Minnesingers) (Schumann/Pfautsch/Oltman), Ramkali (Ethan Sperry)
- Non-Varsity Treble Chorus: The Tiger (Bernofsky), Freedom is Coming (Anders Nyberg), So wahr die Sonne scheinet (Schumann/Leavitt)
- Non-Varsity Tenor/Bass Chorus: Gloria in Excelsis Deo (from Gloria) (Vivaldi/Porterfield), O Magnum Mysterium (Evan Ramos), The Irish Girl (ONeil)
GHS choir directors are Kendra Fisher and Kyle Wheatley.