- Granbury ISD
March 31, 2022
GRANBURY ISD DISTRICT ADVISORY COUNCIL
March 31, 2022 – 4:45 PM – Zoom
The Granbury ISD District Advisory Council met via Zoom on March 31, 2022, at 4:46pm. The meeting was convened by assistant superintendent Jimmy Dawson.
Assistant Superintendent Update
Assistant superintendent Jimmy Dawson presented information on the May bond initiative. Proposals were developed last fall by the Long Range Planning Committee after studying demographic, financial, and architectural. The LRPC resolution was adopted 83-0 by the committee and then accepted by school board to send to district voters for consideration. The proposal includes: a new high school; a combined junior high school; renovations for six elementary schools and two early learning academies; a new transportation hub on the eastern side of the district plus elementary traffic loops; non-facility program changes. Town halls and other community presentations are underway.
Assistant superintendent Tammy Clark congratulated everyone on benchmark data and challenged the group to use the data to help student performance on upcoming state exams. She discussed changes to this year’s state accountability ratings. Clark also asked that requests for summer projects, including painting, be reported to campus leadership. The hiring season is underway for next school year. In addition, summer school information will be distributed soon.
Chief Financial Officer Emmett Whitefield discussed summer project and painting requests.
Human Resources Update
Dawson announced that the Employee Recognition Banquet will be Wednesday, May 4 at Granbury Middle School.
Stacie Brown, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, stated that June 1-2 are contract days for district-wide professional development for curriculum and content areas; a speaker will kick off the two days, and Summer Launch will conclude the meetings on June 2. A district professional development committee, with input from principals and instructional specialists, has built a summer training program with registration open April 4-29. Additional information from sessions at Region 11 Education Service Center will also be included.
College, Career & Military Readiness (CCMR) Update
Todd Gibson, Director of Career and Technical Education, reported that a CCMR student data tracker is available for progress of each individual student. New courses include algebraic reasoning that will provide students with a fourth math credit. Dual enrollment classes provide a new way for students to earn college credit; current offerings include three math classes and one CTE class, but these will expand next school year to include physics. 275 students have been enrolled in DE classes this school year; this will likely expand by 100 students next school year. In addition, CTE is adding an industry-based certification in floral design.
Jeremy Ross, principal of Granbury High School, stated that a dual credit music appreciation, psychology, and sociology classes will be offered next school year or in the near future. A developmental reading and writing class will be available for some students needing a fourth English credit; Texas College Bridge has also been available for math.
Upcoming dates: Graduation – May 26 (STARS) and May 27 (GHS); Summer Conference professional development and curriculum training – June 1-2; staff comp days – June 3 and 6; summer training – June 7-July 28 (for 2022-23 comp days).
Topics addressed during Q&A included professional development and curriculum training
The meeting concluded at 5:15pm.
- Samantha Briscoe – Baccus Elementary School, 5th grade math teacher
- Stacie Brown – Curriculum Dept., Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Tammy Jo Burns – Granbury High School, librarian
- Tammy Clark – Assistant Superintendent
- Colin Contreras – Granbury High School, science teacher
- Shelly Curtsinger – Special Education Dept., Director of Special Education
- Jimmy Dawson – Assistant Superintendent
- Malley DeYoung – Oak Woods School, 3rd grade teacher
- Heather Dooley – Acton Middle School, 7th grade ELA teacher
- Kim Dove – Granbury High School, English teacher
- Leslie Ghiglieri – Granbury High School, Dean of Instruction
- Chelsey Gibson – Oak Woods School, Principal
- Todd Gibson – Career and Technical Education Dept., Director of Career and Technical Education
- Ashley Gill – Granbury Middle School, Instructional Specialist
- Lynette Higgins – Oak Woods School, 5th grade teacher
- Liz Howard – STEAM Academy at Mambrino, 3rd grade ELA teacher
- Jenny Hughes – STARS/BTC, science teacher
- Clarissa Jackson – Brawner Elementary School, 1st grade teacher
- Kim Keys – Acton Middle School, teacher
- Melissa Knight – Granbury High School, social studies teacher
- Shanna McPherson – Acton Elementary School, library media specialist
- Leah McWilliams – Emma Roberson Early Learning Academy, PK teacher
- Jeff Meador – Communications Dept., Director of Communications
- Lauren Mills – Oak Woods School, LLI
- Mallory Myers – Brawner Elementary School, Instructional Specialist
- Lissa Oliver – Oak Woods School, Assistant Principal
- Amy Parker – Support Services Dept., Director of Child Nutrition
- Patti Parsons – Special Education Dept., Assistant Director of Special Education
- Jennifer Pennington – Acton Middle School, Principal
- Carmen Phillips - Acton Middle School, Attendance Clerk
- Kellie Pollock – Emma Roberson Early Learning Academy, librarian
- Tiffinie Pounds – Acton Elementary School, Instructional Specialist
- Dana Reinke – Emma Roberson Early Learning Academy, PK teacher
- Tiffany Rodriguez – Curriculum Dept., Childcare Coordinator
- Margaret Rodriquez – STARS/BTC, Principal
- Julie Rohleder – Baccus Elementary School, Principal
- Jeremy Ross – Granbury High School, Principal
- Jincy Ross – Brawner Elementary School, Principal
- Julie Sellers – Brawner Elementary School
- Trisha Suitt - Curriculum Dept., Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Nuvia Velazquez - Brawner Elementary School, 3rd grade dual language teacher
- Molly Whisenhunt – STEAM Academy at Mambrino, Assistant Principal
- Emmett Whitefield – Business Office, Chief Financial Officer
- Brent Wilson - Technology Dept., Director of Technology