- Granbury ISD
Career & Technical Education
- Mission Statement
- Teaching Staff
- CTE Programs of Study
- Course Offerings
- CTE Advisory Committee
- Career Cruising
- Public Notification
- Summer Camps
- The Galley
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR GISD SUMMER CAMPS
May 10, 2018
Registration is open for several Granbury ISD summer camps to be held in June, July, and August 2018.
Athletic camps are scheduled throughout the summer at Granbury High School and open to boys and girls in various incoming grade levels:
- Baseball Camps (June 4-7): grades K-4 at 8:00-10:00 A.M., grades 5-8 at 10:30 A.M. -12:30 P.M.
- Boys Basketball Camp (June 25-28): grades 3-9 at 9:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
- Girls Basketball Camps (June 18-21): grades 3-6 at 9:00-11:30 A.M. and grades 7-9 at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
- Football Camps (June 5-8): grades 5-8 at 8:00-10:00 A.M. and grades K-4 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Football Fish Camp (August 6-9): 9:00-11:00 A.M. for grade 9 only
- Co-Ed Soccer Camp (June 4-7): grades K-3 at 1:00-3:00 P.M.
- Boys Soccer Camp (June 11-14): grades 4-9 at 8:30-11:30 A.M.
- Girls Soccer Camp (June 4-7): grades 4-9 at 8:30-11:30 A.M.
- Soccer Keeper Camp (June 11-14): grades 3-9 at 1:00-3:00 P.M.
- Softball Camps (June 18-21): grades 5-9 at 8:30-11:30 A.M. and grades 1-4 at 12:00-2:30 P.M.
- Strength and Conditioning Camps (June 11-July 26): grades 9-12 at 7:00-8:45 A.M. and grades 6-8 at 9:00-10:45 A.M. – Mondays-Thursdays, no camp on July 2-6
- Tennis Camps (July 23-26): grades 3-6 at 8:30-11:30 A.M. and grades 7-12 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Volleyball Camps (July 24-27): grades 3-7 at 8:00-10:00 A.M. and grades 8-9 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Volleyball Club Texas Camps (June 11-14): grades 5-8 at 9:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. and grades 9-12 at 1:00-3:00 P.M.
- Volleyball Susan Kaufman Team Camp (July 24-26): grades 10-12 at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
The GISD career and technical education department is sponsoring several innovative camp opportunities at GHS this summer:
- Aerospace Camp (incoming grades 6-8 on June 11-14): students will investigate forces of flight and aerodynamics and race their own student-designed airplane, learn the difference between space and aviation travel and launch their own rocket, and experience the latest unmanned aerial vehicles and learn to fly drones
- Robotics Camps (incoming grades 3-5 on July 9-12 and incoming grades 6-8 on July 16-19): student will be mentored by the GHS robotics team while coding for apps and games, building and programming robots for a challenge competition, and participating in teambuilding activities
- GTT Engineering Camp (incoming grades 6-8 on July 9-12): students will engage in several engineering projects: create a wind tunnel that turns wind energy into mechanical energy using various types of fan blades; use various insulators and reflectors to sustain “penguins” (ice cubes) from solar, thermal, and radiant energy; use spaghetti and a controlled amount of hot glue to construct a bridge to withstand maximum amounts of force; construct and launch a rocket made from 2-liter bottles, cardboard, cardstock, paper towel rolls, and hot glue
CTE camps cost $90 each and will be held 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. on the designated days.
The Granbury Marine Corps JROTC will host an Air Rifle Camp on July 16-19 in the JROTC area at GHS. The camp is open to students who will be in grades 6-10 next year. Participants will have a choice of two sessions (8:00-10:00 A.M. and 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.) and will attend the same time each of the four days. The fee is $100 and includes air rifles, pellets, and t-shirt. Applications are due by June 4.
All information is available at www.granburyisd.org/summercamps.