April 23, 2019
Three Granbury High School teams are advancing to Future Farmers of America state judging contests after advancing from Area VIII Career Development Events on April 17, 2019, at Tarleton State University in Stephenville.
The teams advancing from the area contest are:
Entomology: team (Sarah Petty, Tina Pham, Harley Walts), first; individual – Tina Pham, first; Sarah Petty, sixth
Range: team (Brayden Brockman, Julia Keys, Kyla Shelnutt, Tanyon Wickline), second; individual – Julia Keys, third; Tanyon Wickline, sixth; Kyla Shelnutt, eighth
Wool: team (Darian Kelley, Lareina Lett, Preston Phillips, Chandler Steele), third; individual – Lareina Lett, sixth
State competitions featuring top teams representing each of the ten FFA state areas will be: entomology and wool – April 27 at Texas Tech University; range – April 25 at Tarleton.
Other Granbury FFA judging teams were:
- Horse: LaKayla Bell, Hailey Lavan, Naomi Ornelles, Shayla Valles
- Livestock: Caeley Cody, Ashley Loveless, Gracie Martinez, Holley Perchard
- Poultry: Brandi Elliott, Priscilla Madearis, Madisen Williams
- Veterinary Science: Whitney Carrol, Jaden Easley, Carley Matsinger, Whitley Townes
- Wildlife: Lexi Arlington, Clayton Butler, David Muro, Austin Sommerfeld
Agricultural science teachers are Trey Keys, Courtney Hinojosa, Agustin Hinojosa, and Kaci Major.