September 20, 2022
The Granbury ISD School Board met for its regular monthly meeting on September 19, 2022.
- GHS principal Jeremy Ross honored students for earning College Board Recognition based on outstanding performance on PSAT and AP exams: Abiah Wark, Abigail Boyd, Andrew Dias, Anne Barnes, Ava Williamson, Avery Thomas, Ezekiel Shaum, Jack Barefoot, Jillian Tremble, Kameron Wells and Spencer Burnfield.
- Hood County News publisher Sam Houston commended two students for their achievements as part-time freelancers for the local newspaper: Jillian Tremble and Emmie Vaughn.
- Superintendent Dr. Jeremy Glenn highlighted several district happenings, such as having a successful Homecoming week, Baccus teachers being selected as model teachers for Texas Reading Academies recordings for excellent implementation of coursework, and recognizing district wide celebrations of Constitution Day.
- District enrollment is quickly approaching 8,000 students with approximately 56% of families economically disadvantaged.
- Campus principals submitted Campus Improvement Plans for board review.
- Director of curriculum and instruction Stacie Brown shared SHAC information, including meeting minutes approval and meeting schedule for this year.
- The board approved the purchase of additional chromebooks.
- Chief financial officer Emmett Whitefield reported financial statements.
More Meeting Information
- Trustees next convene on Monday, October 17 with an Executive Session at 5 PM followed by a Regular Session at 6 PM.
- Meetings are held in the GISD Board Room in the Administration Building at 217 N. Jones Street.