- Granbury ISD
- 2022-23 School Year
TRUSTEES HOLD MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
December 12, 2022
The Granbury ISD School Board met for its regular monthly meeting on Monday, December 12, 2022.
A ceremonial oath of office was administered to winning candidates in the November election: Place 5 – Billy Wimberly; Place 7 – Karen Lowery. With two new trustees and one returning board member, the panel reorganized with the following new officers: Dr. Barbara Herrington, president; Barbara Townsend, vice president; and Courtney Gore, secretary. Board of Trustee contact information is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/trustees.
Informational Report on Aviation Program
Miles Bradshaw from KBS Law Firm presented a report on an independent investigation of the district's aviation program and the district airplane. A PDF version of the aviation report is provided below. The documents are district records and include redactions of student and family names due to privacy laws.
- The board approved Brazos Pregnancy Center Opt In presentations as shared by director of curriculum Stacie Brown. A copy of this presentation is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/shac.
- The board approved the district technology plan as presented by director of technology Brent Wilson. More information about the district technology plan is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/technology.
- The board approved a proclamation of the district's intent to apply for Purple Star Designation as shared by assistant superintendent Tammy Clark. More information about the Purple Star Designation is available at https://tea.texas.gov/about-tea/other-services/military-families/purple-star-campus-designation. More information about the district's efforts to show support and commitment to meeting the unique needs of military-connected students and their families is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/militaryfamilies.
- The board approved turf renovations as presented by head football coach Chad Zsciesche on behalf of athletic director Dwight Butler. The turf renovations were previously reviewed and discussed by the board at the monthly meeting held November 14, 2022.
- In discussion and possible action regarding the district airplane, the board of trustees discussed their commitment to reviewing the recommendations as reported by KBS Law Firm and performing a cost analysis as they continue to gather more information.
- The board of trustees discussed the proposed action of making amendments to the standard operating procedures. The board did not pass either the amendment to standard operating procedures as it relates to the number of trustees to bring agenda items or moving the public comment portion of the meeting to after the discussion/action items.
- The board heard the presentation of the Annual Audit Report for the Fiscal Year Ending August 31, 2022. The report was presented by Snow Garrett Williams CPA Firm. A copy of the report will soon be available at https://www.granburyisd.org/budget.
- Trustee Karen Lowery shared an update of inappropriate library and classroom materials policy and procedures.
- Chief financial officer Emmett Whitefield reported financial statements and cash flow statements to the board for the period ending November 30, 2022.
More Meeting Information
- The meeting agenda and minutes may be downloaded from BoardBook.
- The meeting recording may be watched on the Granbury ISD YouTube Channel.
- More School Board information is available at https://www.granburyisd.org/schoolboard.
- Trustees next convene on Monday, January 23, 2023, with an Executive Session at 5 PM followed by a Regular Session at 6 PM.
- Meetings are held in the GISD Board Room in the Administration Building at 217 N. Jones Street.
- Meetings are live streamed on the Granbury ISD YouTube Channel.