It is never too early to start thinking about what you want to do after high school.
Establish your own personal e-mail account if you do not have one already.
- Look at your personal learning plan...are you on track to take the classes that you want to take throughout high school?
- Make sure you are challenging yourself with your course selections, this looks good on your transcripts and also helps to prepare you for college testing.
- Start researching careers you might be interested in, and identifying what education you will need after high school.
- Research college profiles and what they look for in high school graduates.
- Attend the GCISD College Fair every year.
Get Involved in your school community:
- Start writing down your extracurricular activities and volunteer activities, include the following information:
- name of group or organization
- a description of your activities
- how many hours a week/month/year you are involved
- dates when you were active in the organization
- any offices you have held
- any awards you have received