- Granbury ISD
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2021-22 School Year
- 2020-21 School Year
- 2019-20 School Year
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2017-18 School Year
- 2016-17 School Year
- 2015-16 School Year
- 2014-15 School Year
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2010-11 School Year
- 2009-10 School Year
- 2008-09 School Year
- 2007-08 School Year
- 2006-07 School Year
SCHOOL TRUSTEES EXTEND SUPERINTENDENT’S CONTRACT
June 18, 2019
The Granbury ISD Board of Trustees extended superintendent Dr. Jeremy Glenn’s contract during its monthly meeting on June 17, 2019.
Board members completed a summative performance review of Dr. Glenn, who is completing his first year as leader of the Granbury school district. The board unanimous action extends his contract through June 2024. Each of the trustees praised Dr. Glenn for his leadership in developing the G2025 strategic plan.
The board adopted the 2019-20 compensation plan, which maintains current salary schedules with minor changes for additional or recategorized positions. Superintendent Dr. Jeremy Glenn reported that the district would undergo a salary review study with the Texas Association of School Boards during the fall.
Trustees also planned to consider salary increases for the 2019-20 year along with a budget estimate for the next fiscal year. However, with new state legislation only recent signed into law by the governor, all factors for additional state funding are still under review. The district had expected that the state law would eliminate the district’s Chapter 41 recapture payments – the amount paid to the state by property-wealthy school districts – for 2019-20. However, late estimates received just prior to the board meeting indicated that amount could total $1.8 million. Dr. Glenn indicated that the district would continue to review revenue and expense projections and report back to the board during a July 8 workshop.
In personnel action, trustees approved the appointment of several new teachers and professional staff members – including new Acton Elementary School principal Karla Willmeth – for the new school year. The board also received notification of resignations effective at the end of last school year.
Trustees adopted changes to local district policy to modify criteria for “directory information” pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. The policy change will streamline categories for “directory information” and make it more understandable for parents and staff. Parents may opt in or out of disclosure for school-sponsored or –affiliated purposes and other purposes required by law. To protect student and parent privacy, there would be no “directory information” for third-party organizations.
Trustees appointed Boucher, Morgan & Young P.C. to conduct supplemental financial auditing services.
Additional reports to the board included:
- Facilities director Randy Leach reviewed progress on a number of facility improvement projects. Some are completed: new choir riser, athletic venue lettering, and weight room equipment at Granbury High School; roof at Oak Woods School. Others are in progress with completion in early August before the start of the school year: restroom renovation at elementary campuses, STARS Accelerated High School, and the administration building; new band tower, softball backstop, and concrete epoxy for auto tech shop at GHS; playground at Baccus Elementary School; floor tile replacement and drainage repair at Oak Woods School.
- Glenn reviewed plans for additional facility improvements at elementary campuses to include: reconfiguration of office at AES; new gymnasium at Baccus; repurposing old locker room space for classrooms at Brawner Intermediate School; remodeling of instructional space at Roberson Elementary School for an early learning academy; remodeling of library at STEAM Academy at Mambrino to improve instructional technology opportunities.
- The superintendent presented Policy Update 113 recommended by TASB. The policy changes will be considered at a future board meeting.
- Assistant superintendent Ron Holmgreen provided an update on safety and security measures, including recently installed vaping detectors at the high school. Alertus, a new emergency notification software, will provide campus staff to report and receive notifications about medical, safety, and weather alerts; the program integrates with local law enforcement agencies. The district is completing numbering of exterior doors at all campuses and sending school marshals to training in July.
- An update on work by the Health Advisory Council was reviewed by curriculum director Sharon Williams. The council continued implementation of the Project ADAM program as well as staff training for “stop the bleed” and CPR. In addition, the district sponsored flu shots and immunizations through Health Heroes of Texas and employee health screenings.
- Dobie Williams, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, presented financial and cash flow statements as well as a categorical expenses report for May 2019.
The board approved minutes from the last regular meeting, budget amendments, and bids and purchases for: student insurance; career and technical education instructional materials; online subscriptions, software, and management solutions. Trustees also approved disposal of out-of-adoption textbooks and materials as well as a waiver to the Texas Education Agency to adjust the timeline for accelerated instruction for students in grades 5 and 8 who do not master state reading and/or math tests.
Board members approved out-of-state travel for the GHS volleyball team to compete in a tournament in Hawaii in August, F1 in Schools team to compete in the World Finals in Abu Dhabi in November, Mambrino teachers to attend the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta for educator training in July, and a GHS teacher to attend aviation training in Wisconsin in July.
Donations reported to the board included: $408 for classroom supplies donated to STEAM Academy at Mambrino by Hess Toy Truck.
Trustees next convene for a workshop on Monday, July 8 at 11:00 A.M. The next regular monthly meeting will be Monday, July 22. Board meetings are held in the GISD Board Room located in the Administration Building at 217 N. Jones Street.