April 19, 2018
Four Granbury High School teams are advancing to Future Farmers of America state judging contests after excelling at Area VIII Career Development Events on April 18, 2018, at Tarleton State University in Stephenville.
The teams advancing from the area contest are:
- Entomology: team (Sarah Petty, Tina Pham, Harley Walts), fourth; individual – Tina Pham, fifth
- Range: team (Julia Keys, Kyla Shelnutt, Tanyon Wickline, Ashleigh Wilson), second; individual – Kyla Shellnutt, third; Ashleigh Wilson, fourth; Tanyon Wickline, fifth
- Veterinary Science: team (Whitney Carrol, McKenna Drummer, Caitlin Hutson, Carley Matsinger), third; individual – Caitlin Hutson, first; Whitney Carrol, third
- Wool: team (Ricky Amador, Bailey Cates, Darian Kelley, Chandler Steele), fourth; individual – Ricky Amador, second
State competitions featuring top teams representing each of the ten FFA state areas will be: entomology and wool – April 21 at Texas Tech University; range – April 26 at Tarleton; veterinary science – April 28 at Texas A&M University.
Other Granbury FFA judging teams were:
- Horse: LaKayla Bell, Trisha Gryder, Mickayla Hamilton, Naomi Ornelles
- Livestock: Josh Bokor, Brayden Brockman, Mikayla Henderson, Gracie Martinez
- Poultry: Brandi Elliott, Priscilla Madearis, Whitley Townes, Madisen Williams
Agricultural science teachers are Trey Keys, Courtney Hinojosa, Agustin Hinojosa, and Kaci Major.