May 14, 2019
Registration is open for several Granbury ISD camps for Summer 2019.
Athletic camps are scheduled throughout the summer at Granbury High School and open to boys and girls in various incoming grade levels:
- Baseball Camps (June 3-6): grades K-4 at 8:00-10:00 A.M., grades 5-8 at 10:30 A.M. -12:30 P.M.
- Boys Basketball Camp (June 24-27): grades 3-9 at 9:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.
- Girls Basketball Camps (June 17-20): grades 3-6 at 9:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. and grades 7-9 at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
- Football Camps (May 28-30): grades K-8 at 8:30-11:00 A.M.
- Co-Ed Soccer Camp (June 10-13): grades K-3 at 8:00-10:00 A.M.
- Boys Soccer Camp (June 10-13): grades 4-9 at 11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- Girls Soccer Camp (June 10-13): grades 4-9 at 11:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
- Soccer Keeper Camp (June 10-13): grades 4-9 at 2:00-4:00 P.M.
- Softball Camps (June 3-5): grades 1-6 at 8:00-10:00 A.M. and grades 7-9 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Strength and Conditioning Camps (June 10-August 1): grades 10-12 at 7:00-8:45 A.M. and grades 6-9 at 9:00-10:45 A.M. – Mondays-Thursdays, no camp on July 1-5, 8-9, and 22-23
- Tennis Camps (July 29-August 1): grades 3-6 at 8:30-10:30 A.M. and grades 7-12 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Volleyball Club Texas Image Camps (June 10-13): grades 3-6 at 8:00-10:00 A.M., grades 7-8 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M., and grades 9-12 at 1:30-3:30 P.M.
- Volleyball Camps (July 29-31): grades 3-6 at 8:00-10:00 A.M., grades 7-8 at 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M., and grade 9 at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
- Volleyball Team Camp (July 29-31): grades 10-12 at 1:00-4:00 P.M.
The GISD career and technical education department is sponsoring several innovative camp opportunities at GHS this summer:
- Robotics Camps (incoming grades 4-5 on July 8-11 and incoming grades 6-8 on July 15-18): student will be mentored by the GHS robotics team while coding for apps and games, building and programming robots for a challenge competition, and participating in teambuilding activities
- GTT Engineering Camp (incoming grades 6-8 on July 8-11): students will explore Newton’s laws, aerodynamics, and gas laws with air powered vehicles; a wind energy lab will allow students to see how various blade designs affect windmill efficiency; energy transformation and forms of flight will be explored while students experiment with flying models; many other small activities designed to show how engineering can be fun and engaging
CTE camps cost $90 each and will be held 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. on the designated days.
The Granbury Marine Corps JROTC will host an Air Rifle Camp on June 3-6 in the JROTC area at GHS. The camp is open to students who will be in grades 6-10 next year. Participants will have a choice of three sessions (8:00-10:00 A.M., 10:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M., and 1:00-3:00 P.M.) and will attend the same time each of the four days. The fee is $100 and includes air rifles, pellets, and t-shirt.
All information is available at www.granburyisd.org/summercamps.