April 26, 2019
Marine Corps JROTC cadets from Granbury High School attended an awards ceremony on April 25, 2019.
Special guest for the ceremony was Major General William F. Mullen, the Commanding General for the U.S. Marine Corps Training and Education Command.
Local military organizations presented scholarships and cash awards to top cadets:
- American Legion Post 278 Bronze Medal: Anna Elkins for military excellence and Clarissa Layland for scholastic excellence (includes $1,000 scholarships)
- American Legion Post 491 Bronze Medal: senior Jakob Rankin and underclassman Cooper Wilson for military excellence; senior Rebecca Collins and underclassman Luke Del Rio for scholastic excellence (seniors received $500 scholarships while underclassmen received $100 scholarships)
- Commander Burns Academic Excellence Award: Philip Becker (includes a $100 scholarship)
- Daughters of the American Revolution/Elizabeth Crockett Chapter Bronze Medal: Angallyah Henderson (includes a $300 scholarship)
- Granbury Marine Corps JROTC Booster Club Scholarship: Anna Elkins ($500 scholarship)
- LtCol Mark Kotnour, USMCR Ret. Scholarship: Jakob Rankin ($1,000 scholarship)
- Marine Corps League/Comanche Peak Detachment – Eagle Award: Anna Elkins ($1,000 scholarship)
- Military Officers Association of America JROTC Scholarships: Anna Elkins ($2,500 scholarship),Elizabeth Plecity ($2,500 scholarship), Jakob Rankin ($1,000 scholarship)
- Sons of the American Revolution/Brazos Valley Chapter JROTC Bronze Medal: Kolby Stephenson (includes a $300 scholarship)
Other award recipients were:
- American Veterans JROTC Award: Aidan Cline
- Daedalian Achievement Award: Dylan Murrell
- Dan Daly Award (most motivated male cadet): Phillips
- Fort Worth Scottish Rite Award: Alex Duckett
- Marine Corps League/Comanche Peak Detachment – Cadet of the Quarter Award: Brianna Munoz
- Military Officers Association of America Medal: Clarissa Layland
- Military Order of the Purple Heart: Justin Chapman
- Military Order of the World Wars Bronze Medal: Jesse Zuniga
- Molly Marine Award (most motivated female cadet): Rebecca Collins
- National Sojourners Award: Trevor Phillips
- Navy League Theodore Roosevelt Medal: Lexie Current
- Reserve Officer Association Medal: Raiden Obina
- Sons of Confederate Veterans/Governor Samuel W.T. Lanham Camp 586 – Robert E. Lee Award: Megan Thompson; H.L. Hunley Award: Andrea Puga; Santos Benavides Heritage Award: Jacob Carr; Sergeant James Washington Memorial Award: Raiden Obina
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7835 JROTC Medal: Kyleigh Jacobs
- Women Marines Association Award for Outstanding Cadet: M’Leah Lambdin
The JROTC instructors are Lt. Col. Scott Casey and First Sergeant Johnny Rositas.
Pictured is Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Anna Elkins, the battallion commander, receiving the Marine Corps League Eagle Award.