- Granbury High School
- Band News
GHS BAND STUDENTS SHINE AT SOLO AND ENSEMBLE CONTEST
March 6, 2018
Fifty Granbury High School band students qualified for state after competing in the UIL Region 30 solo and ensemble contest on February 24, 2018, at Aledo High School.
Fourteen soloists are advancing to the Texas State Solo-Ensemble Contest on May 27-28 in Austin. With 120 band students entering the regional competition, the Granbury band earned 112 first division medals.
Soloists earning a trip to state are: Kyla Asante-Wiredu, percussion; Lauren Boleng, flute; Melanie Boleng, clarinet; Meghan Childers, percussion; Ian Cone, French horn; Josh Courtney, French horn; Adam Gomez, percussion; Mason Hadley, perussion; Amerson Meyers, percussion; Tyler Rau, percussion; Jolie Rudisaile, percussion; Cole Stephens, percussion; Phil Tilleman; Daniel Van Randen, French horn
Also qualifying for state are twelve ensembles:
- Clarinet Quartet: Alex Inbody, Mikayla Hamilton, Anna Christy, Roxana Hernandez
- Clarinet Trio: Cameron Gibson, Haylee Brandum, Ana Mounce
- Flute Trio: Naomi Benitez, Hannah Branum, Lily Spiers
- Flute Trio: Bailey McCall, Hannah Cheek, Bailey Carlton
- French Horn Quartet: McKenna Parks, Josh Courtney, Ashlyn Bednarz, Luke Forrest
- Mixed Clarinet Quartet: Leslie Price, Rayli Ruby, Jayne Cunniff, Luisa Rodriguez
- Saxophone Quartet: Savannah Oliver, Makayla Doucet, Hannah Pallett, Idanys Garcia
- Trombone Quartet: Dylan Cook, Leslie Grubbs, Austin Sommerfeld, Jackson Griffith
- Woodwind Quintet: Emily Tipton, Hannah Myers, Rayli Ruby, Hope Long, McKenna Parks
- Woodwind Quintet: Bethany Pavelick, Mallory Irish, Megan Bednarz, Alex Inbody, Ian Cone
- Woodwind Trio: Lauren Boleng, Megan Bednarz, Melanie Boleng
- Woodwind Trio: Kylie Eastin, Melanie Boleng, Nate Franzmathes
Other soloists earning a Division I superior rating were: Paige Anderson, trumpet; Wesley Barefoot, French horn; Ben Bennett, trombone; Melinda Beeson, oboe; Hannah Branum, flute; Bailey Carlton, flute; Ethan Carter, alto saxophone; Hannah Cheek, flute; Anna Christy, clarinet; Myra Coronilla, bass clarinet; Makayla Doucet, alto saxophone; Alyssa Garcia, trumpet; Cameron Gibson, clarinet; Nathan Gibson, percussion; Max Glenney, trumpet; Katy Hall, percussion; Mikayla Hamilton, clarinet; Abbi Henry, French horn; Carolina Hernandez, flute; Mallory Irish, flute; Julian Juarez, percussion; Jade Kisner, percussion; Bailey McCall, flute; Anthony Mercurio, percussion; Ana Mounce, clarinet; Savannah Oliver, alto saxophone; Jackson Rickert, alto saxophone; Rene Robles, flute; Jonathan Rositas, bassoon; Kendall Satterfield, percussion; Austin Sommerfeld, trombone; Adam Stone, trumpet; Sarah Wood, percusion
Also earning top marks were four ensembles:
- Brass Quintet: Brynne Mauldin, Gage Inbody, Damian Rodolfo, Michaela Holder, Chance Worthington
- Saxophone Quartet: Kristella Perez, James Lindzy, Jesse Riley, Dawson Bell
- Trombone Trio: Josh Beaver, Kadin Lopez, Dalton Cook
- Tuba Euphonium Quartet: Travis Howard, Joe Diaz, Donovan Rodriquez, Hunter Meroney
Soloists receiving a Division II excellent rating were: Matthew Anchondo, percussion; Victoria Braby, flute; Aliss DeBello, alto saxophone; Jadee Drum, bassoon; Anna Ellis, clarinet; Cesar Garcia, tenor saxophone; Emily Jackson, oboe; Yahaira Jiminez, bass clarinet; Hayden Landon, alto saxophone; Syrah Mitchell, flute; Lily Myers, bassoon; Eiseo Oyarce, percussion; Angelina Pena, percussion; Kaitlyn Redd, flute; Layne Salsbury, tuba; Becca Wilson, flute.
The students are under the direction of Mark Eastin, Andrew Lahey, and Tahlequah Kirk.