September 20, 2012
Choir students from Granbury High School and Crossland Ninth Grade Center recently participated in the first step toward qualifying for the All-State Choirs. The TMEA Region 7 district auditions were held on September 15, 2012, at GHS.
45 students qualified for the regional auditions, which will be held on Saturday, October 13 in Burleson. Of the group, senior Tori Townsend (pictured at right) earned first-chair honors among Soprano 1 singers.
Those advancing to the next level are:
- Soprano 1: Krystyn Buchanan, Jessica English, Shelby Hilton, Kellan Jones, Deanna Rupp, Crystal Simmons, Tori Townsend
- Soprano 2: Demi Bogan, Hailey Hart, Ciera Kade, Mercy Whites, Natalie Willingham
- Alto 1: Kennedy Brown, Makenzie Kane, Alondra Martinez, Sophia Taylor
- Alto 2: Mandy Brenning, Ana Gutierrez, Clarissa Jackson, Kelly Kollmann, Kiersten Mathis, Eva Murphy, Madison Seymore, Tiffany Terrier
- Tenor 1: Josh Carpenter, Colton Collins, Kale Dewberry, Joel Reid, Visente Sandoval, Collin Turney
- Tenor 2: Peter Dowd, Ashton Goodson, Kyle Mayes, Dakota Paulo, Kwaun Shaw, Chase Whittet
- Bass 1: Connor Krebbs, Dakota Medlin, Nikolai Press, Edward Ramirez, Grant Watts, Dillon Whitehead
- Bass 2: Cody Bridges, Nate Milson, Cody Mullican
Of the group, four – Colton Collins, Kiersten Mathis, Dakota Paulo, and Mercy Whites – are freshmen. The remaining are GHS students.
The students are under the direction of Joy Hope and Greg Doss.
Links to Related Information: