- Granbury ISD
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2021-22 School Year
- 2020-21 School Year
- 2019-20 School Year
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2017-18 School Year
- 2016-17 School Year
- 2015-16 School Year
- 2014-15 School Year
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2010-11 School Year
- 2009-10 School Year
- 2008-09 School Year
- 2007-08 School Year
- 2006-07 School Year
SHOW CONTINUES FOR GHS ONE ACT PLAY
The Diviners will continue its road show, as Granbury High School and Crossland Ninth Grade Center theater arts students triumphed at the UIL One Act Play area competition on April 13, 2013, in the Mainstage Theatre on the campus of the University of Texas at Arlington.
The troupe advances to the UIL regional competition on April 20 at Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene. Also advancing from area is Fort Worth Arlington Heights – also from District 7-4A. Other schools competing were Birdville, Joshua, Saginaw, and Waco.
The GHS troupe is performing The Diviners, a dramatic play by Jim Leonard Jr. about a disturbed young man and his friendship with a disenchanted preacher in southern Indiana in the early 1930’s.
Adjudicating the area contest was Dr. Michelle Howard-Schwind, director of organizational improvement for Keller ISD and a former theater arts teacher.
Nick Mayes won Best Actor honors, while Blake Bergeman was named to the all-star cast and Bailey Youngs receiving an honorable mention nod. Izzy Woods was among the outstanding tech crew members.
At the district contest on March 27, Bergeman and Youngs were named Best Actor and Best Actress respectively. All-star cast members were Preston Chapman and Mayes. Receiving honorable mention accolades were Haley Hart and Brennan Ross.
Mayes received top acting honors In the zone competition on March 20, with Bergeman and Youngs named to the all-star cast and Chapman and Hart selected as honorable mention cast members. In addition, Baylee Davis was selected as an outstanding technician.
Other cast members are Sheridan Baze, Amanda Brenning, David Broberg, Kiesten Mathis, Kyle Mayes, Rachael Periello, and Natalie Willingham.
Tori Townsend is serving as stage manager with other crew members William Black, Davis, and Whitney Shearon, and Woods.
The production is under the direction of GHS theater arts director Phil Groeschel, who is assisted by Crossland theater arts teacher Krista Alcorn Holman and GMS theater arts teacher Terri Willson.Pictured above are (left to right): back – Nick Mayes, Sheridan Baze, Brennan Ross, William Black, Kyle Mayes, Preston Chapman, Blake Bergeman, David Broberg; front – Izzy Woods, Tori Townsend, Natalie Willingham, Hailey Hart, Bailey Youngs, Amanda Brenning, Whitney Shearon, Rachael Periello, Kiersten Mathis, Baylee Davis, Krista Alcorn Holman, Phil Groeschel.
- 4/8/2013: One Act Play Area Contest Set for April 13
- 3/28/2013: One Act Play Steals the Show to Advance to Area
- 3/21/2013: GHS Troupe Advances in One Act Play Contest
- 2/21/2013: GHS Thespians to Preview One Act Play Performance
- 2/12/2013: Fine Arts Students Shine with Musical
- 1/25/2013: "Beauty and the Beast" Cast Hosting Character Breakfast on February 9
- 1/7/2013: "Beauty and the Beast" Coming to GHS on February 8-10
- 12/4/2012: Dessert Bar Theatre Coming to GHS on December 18
- 12/3/2012: Four Theater Students Make National Contest
- 11/12/2012: "The Drowsy Chaperone" Wows Theatergoers
- 10/22/2012: Thespian Festival Judges View Upcoming GHS Play
- 10/3/2012: GHS Troupe to Present "The Drowsy Chaperone" on November 8 and 10-11
- 9/10/2012: Stage Set for Entertaining Theater Year
- 7/23/2012: Troupe Gets Early Start on Theater Production