- Granbury ISD
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2021-22 School Year
- 2020-21 School Year
- 2019-20 School Year
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2017-18 School Year
- 2016-17 School Year
- 2015-16 School Year
- 2014-15 School Year
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2010-11 School Year
- 2009-10 School Year
- 2008-09 School Year
- 2007-08 School Year
- 2006-07 School Year
GHS BAND WINS FOURTH STRAIGHT SWEEPSTAKES
The varsity wind ensemble received the top ratings from the judges in both the concert and sightreading performances. Combined with the regional marching contest in October 2013, the band won the top prize with Division I ratings in all three parts of music competition.
For the concert, the wind ensemble performed “March” from Symphonic Metamorphosis by Paul Hindemith, two movements from “Symphony No. 3” by Vittorio Giannini, and “Danzon No. 2” by Arturo Marquez and arranged by Oliver Nickel.
The junior varsity symphonic band received an excellent rating on stage and a superior rating in sightreading. Its stage performance included “Brighton Beach” by William P. Latham, “Redemption” by Rossano Galante, and “Butterfly’s Ball” by Ryan Fraley.
Members of the band are:
- Wind Ensemble: flute – Shannon Cooke, Jocelyn Espinoza, Tiffany Henney Alissa Jillson, Whitney Shearon; oboe – Ashleen Atchue; clarinet – Hailey Chapman, Reagan Clarkson, Kayla Curtis, Chase Rogers, Rayne White; bass/contra clarinet – Josh Brazzell, Drew Harris; bassoon – Braden Jumper; alto saxophone – Cameron Hastings, Emma McKelvain, Britt Sherrell; tenor saxophone – Sam Perez; baritone saxophone – Cody Curtis; trumpet – Brynn Bednarz, Andrew Collins, Matthew Johnson, Neal Rendeiro, Ralph Reyna, Henry Shannon; French horn – Katlyn Backus, Brennan Ross, Lily Thornton; trombone – Reece Ahler, Nick Braby, Gavin Clarkson, McKenzie Swaim; euphonium – Fernando Barragan, Blake Beatty, Evan Franklin; tuba – Jacob Garza, Aaron Morgan, Kendon Parker; percussion – Chandler Chiappe, Trace Chiappe, BreAnne Daly, Justin Kochis, Reagan Hall, Katie McKamy
- Symphonic Band: flute – Lauren Kulhanek, Katy Laster, Joyce Staats, Mercy Whites; clarinet – Tristen Howton, Savannah Irish, Josh Jones, Amanda Rohde, Zoe Tovar; bass clarinet – Lauren Mullican; alto saxophone – Kirin Lachman, Trent Melton, Caleb Miller, Julio Ramirez, Jessi Sanders, Garrett Whitmer; tenor saxophone – Kevin Hughes, Riley Seely; trumpet – Josiah Hall, Lindsey Holt, Saylor Jordan, Dustin Tonkovich; French horn – A.J. Henderson, J.D. Martin, Christian Rust; trombone – Shawn Lawrence, Hannah Mullins, Cameron Weeks; euphonium – Avrie Justice, Nolan Rendeiro; tuba – Brayston Avilla, Freeman Hawker, Christopher Hitshew, Ethan Moody, Dalton Robinson, Cameron Spencer; percussion – Brandon Andrews, Alexis Baker, Laura Ann Farmer, Addison Jackson, Hunter Prewitt, Khaled Sabek, Randy Sillivent, Josh Schussler, Tommy Wallace
The students were under the direction of Mark Eastin.
The wind ensemble next performs at the Dallas Wind Symphony's Invitational Windband Festival on Saturday, May 3 at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas.
Earlier this month, the top bands from Acton Middle School and Granbury Middle School earned sweepstakes honors, marking the first time in Granbury ISD band history that both middle schools have received the sweepstakes award.
Earning sweepstakes were the AMS honors band and the GMS symphonic band, which both received Division I superior ratings for their stage and sightreading performances. The AMS symphonic band received excellent ratings in both categories, while the GMS concert band earned a superior rating on stage.
- 3/31/2014: Ross Performs at TCU Honors Recital
- 3/18/2014: Band Alumni Perform with ACU Ensemble at GHS
- 3/7/2014: Percussionists Dazzle Crowd at Concert
- 3/3/2014: GISD Night of Percussion Slated for March 6
- 2/28/2014: Granbury Bands and Choirs Holding Pre-UIL Concerts
- 2/24/2014: GHS Band Students Perform Well at Solo and Ensemble Contest
- 2/20/2014: GHS Students Perform with All-State Ensembles
- 1/23/2014: All-State Musicians, We the People Team Recognized at School Board Meeting
- 1/21/2014: GHS Pirate Band to Sport New Uniforms
- 1/20/2014: GHS Students Perform with All-Region Band
- 1/17/2014: GHS Band Performs Winter Concert
- 1/14/2014: Hastings Makes All-State Band
- 12/19/2013: Wind Ensemble Invited to Dallas Festival
- 12/18/2013: GHS Band Members Make All-Region
- 11/13/2013: Band Names Beau and Sweetheart
- 11/11/2013: Drumline Wins Big at Lone Star Classic
- 10/28/2013: Pirate Band Shines at Area Marching Contest
- 10/22/2013: Middle School Bands Perform at Halftime Show
- 10/21/2013: GHS Band Earns Superior Rating at UIL Marching Contest
- 10/14/2013: GHS Pirate Band Competes at Unleash the Sound Marching Festival
- 9/30/2013: Band Marches Through Rain at Mansfield Contest
- 9/16/2013: Drumline Competes at First Contest
- 8/23/2013: Band Previews Marching Show for Parents
- 7/29/2013: Drum Majors Set to Lead GHS Pirate Band
- 7/29/2013: Band Program Welcoming New Faces