- Granbury ISD
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2021-22 School Year
- 2020-21 School Year
- 2019-20 School Year
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2017-18 School Year
- 2016-17 School Year
- 2015-16 School Year
- 2014-15 School Year
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2010-11 School Year
- 2009-10 School Year
- 2008-09 School Year
- 2007-08 School Year
- 2006-07 School Year
“THE PAJAMA GAME” COMING TO GHS ON MAY 8-10
Fine arts students from Granbury High School and Crossland Ninth Grade Center will present the musical The Pajama Game on May 8-10, 2014. The performances will begin at 7:30 P.M. on May 8-9 and at 2:00 P.M. and 7:30 P.M. on May 10 in the GHS Bagby-McMahan Performing Arts Center.
Tickets are on sale now through choir students and cast members or by contacting the choir office at (817) 408-4622. Admission is $10 for adults and $6 for students. Tickets will also be available at the door.
According to Music Theatre International, “Conditions at the Sleep-Tite Pajama Factory are anything but peaceful, as sparks fly between new superintendent Sid Sorokin and Babe Williams, leader of the union grievance committee. Their stormy relationship comes to a head when the workers strike for a 7½ cent pay increase, setting off not only a conflict between management and labor, but a battle of the sexes as well.”
The Pajama Game won the 1955 Tony for Best Musical after premiering on Broadway in May 1954. The story was also popularized in a 1957 film version starring Doris Day.
Hailey Hart and Joel Reid lead the ensemble as Babe and Sid. Other cast members are Grace Arnold, Mandy Brenning, April Cabrera, Baylee Davis, Brynn Deger, Autumn Herndon, Kevin Horn, Christopher Lancaster, Christian Loper, Kiersten Mathis, Dakota Medlin, Cody Mullican, Austin Mullins, Caitlyn Nettles, Erin Pavelick, Taunton Puckett, Deanna Rupp, Skylar Schreiber, Grace Sokol, Emma Thomas, Remington Watson, Caitlin Whitfill, Bailey Youngs, and Zach Zagrocki.
Directing and producing the musical by fine arts teachers Joy Hope, Greg Doss, Phil Groeschel, and Krista Alcorn Holman.
- 4/11/2014: Granbury Choirs Claim Sweepstakes Honors
- 2/28/2014: Granbury Bands and Choirs Holding Pre-UIL Concerts
- 2/10/2014: Choir Students Earn Medals at Solo and Ensemble Contest
- 1/13/2014: Mathis Qualifies for All-State Choir
- 12/20/2013: Fine Arts Groups Hold Christmas Concerts
- 12/11/2013: Choir to Present Handel's "Messiah"
- 12/2/2013: Five Choir Students Make Final All-State Audition Round
- 11/18/2013: Choir Students Perform at Region and District Choir
- 10/14/2013: Granbury Students Make Region and District Choirs
- 9/30/2013: Choir Dazzles Crowd with '50's Dinner Theater
- 9/18/2013: Granbury Choir Students Advance to Regional Auditions
- 9/6/2013: Granbury Choir Set for Momentous Year
- 9/6/2013: Choir Dinner Theater Set for September 28