- Granbury ISD
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2020-21 School Year
- 2019-20 School Year
- 2018-19 School Year
- 2017-18 School Year
- 2016-17 School Year
- 2015-16 School Year
- 2014-15 School Year
- 2013-14 School Year
- 2012-13 School Year
- 2011-12 School Year
- 2010-11 School Year
- 2009-10 School Year
- 2008-09 School Year
- 2007-08 School Year
- 2006-07 School Year
ALL-REGION BAND CONCERT FEATURES GHS STUDENTS
January 23, 2012
Thirteen Granbury High School Pirate Band members performed with the All-Region Band during a clinic and concert held January 20-21, 2012, at Cleburne High School.
Performing were GHS students Ross Backus, percussion; Chandler Chiappe, percussion; Cameron Hastings, alto saxophone; Justin Kochis, percussion; Zach Morgan, French horn; Shannon Rohde, contra bass clarinet; Sarah Smith, bassoon; Sam Tyra, percussion; and Phoebe Wallace, clarinet. Freshmen from Crossland Ninth Grade Center participating were: Alissa Jillson, flute; Josh Musser, percussion; Kendon Parker, tuba; and Kaleb Rankin, percussion.
Those unable to participate in the region concert were Ashleen Atchue, oboe; Hunter Beck, trumpet; Peyton Bloodgood, trumpet; freshman BreAnne Daly, percussion; and freshman Brent Monk, percussion.
Of this group, Zach Morgan advanced to the All-State band. He was among eight – also including Atchue, Beck, Chiappe, Kochis, Rohde, Smith, and Wallace – that auditioned in the Area B tryouts on January 7 in Midland.
Clinicians for the region concert were: symphonic band – Bobby Francis, director of bands at Texas Christian University; concert band – Bill Watson, director of fine arts for Lewisville ISD; and ninth grade band – Joel Ashbrook, band director at Coppell North Middle School.
The region tryouts for TMEA Region 7 were held during two phases, with the first on December 5 at Aledo High School. The second phase, which also included ninth graders, was held on December 10 at Fort Worth Paschal High School. The region is composed of schools in Fort Worth and extends west to Brownwood and Brady.
Pictured above are (left to right): back – Justin Kochis, Sam Tyra, Hunter Beck, Zach Morgan; third – Kendon Parker, Josh Musser, Ross Backus, Chandler Chiappe, Kaleb Rankin; second – Alissa Jillson, Cameron Hastings, Sarah Smith, Shannon Rohde; front – BreAnne Daly, Ashleen Atchue, Phoebe Wallace, Peyton Bloodgood. Not pictured is Brent Monk.
Links to Related Information:
Previous News Articles:
- 1/17/2012: GHS Students, Teacher Recognized at School Board Meeting
- 1/92/2012: French Horn Player Makes All-State Band
- 12/16/2011: Holiday Concerts Showcase Bands and Choir
- 12/12/2011: GHS Band Members Make All-Region
- 11/30/2011: Granbury Fine Arts Groups Hosting Holiday Concerts
- 11/22/2011: Cymbal Line Excels at Drumline Contests
- 11/14/2011: Drumline Shines at Lone Star Classic
- 11/7/2011: GHS Seniors Recognized at Final Home Football Game
- 11/7/2011: Band Names Beau and Sweetheart
- 10/31/2011: Pirate Band Shines at Area Marching Contest
- 10/24/2011: GHS Band Earns Superior Rating at UIL Marching Contest
- 10/17/2011: Pirate Band Preparing for Regional Marching Contest
- 10/10/2011: GHS Pirate Band Advances to Aledo Festival Finals
- 9/21/2011: Drumline Competes at First Contest
- 8/30/2011: Students, Choir Director Recognized at School Board Meeting
- 7/28/2011: Drum Majors Set to Lead GHS Pirate Band
- 7/20/2011: Pirate Band Ready for March to State