Students from Acton Middle School and Granbury Middle School recently participated in the Quad County West UIL literary and academic meet held on December 6-7, 2010, at Loflin Middle School in Joshua. During the competition, top students from eight schools took part in contests in several subject areas.
The results were:
Acton Middle School
- Calculator Applications: 8th grade – Kendon Parker, first.
- Dictionary Skills: 8th grade –Estephania Magallanes, third.
- Impromptu Speaking: 8th grade – Katie Haywood, second; Noah Smith, third; Christen Watson, fourth.
- Listening Skills: 7th grade – Breanna Keenan, first; Samantha Reynolds, third. 8th grade – Justin Nelson, second.
- Maps, Charts, and Graphs: 7th grade – Jeffrey Robinson, second. 8th grade – Justin Jackson, third.
- Mathematics: 8th grade – Kendon Parker, first; Brandon Rush, fifth.
- Modern Oratory (not grade specific): Kelly Kollman, fourth.
- Number Sense: 7th grade – Josiah Hall, sixth. 8th grade – Kendon Parker, first.
- Ready Writing: 7th grade – Kaylee Keating, first; Luke Elliott, third; Juliette Hoverson, sixth. 8th grade – Garrett Tatum, third.
- Social Studies: 7th grade – Shannon Davis, third; 8th grade – Brett Luckie, fourth.
- Spelling: 8th grade – Kennedy Brown, fifth.
Granbury Middle School
Links to Related Information: