- Accounting (Team): Quade Gibson, Connor Hammond, Evangelina Oviedo, Kirk Wallace, first.
- Accounting (Individual): Kirk Wallace, first; Quade Gibson, fourth; Connor Hammond, fifth.
- Editorial Writing: Kelly Burns, sixth.
- Headline Writing: Maggie Smith, fourth; Bret Roper, fifth.
- Reading Writing: Katy Lucas, second.
- Social Studies: Chris Langer, fifth.
Wallace earned a scholarship for his first place finish in the accounting contest.
Last school year, the accounting team – then composed of Wallace, Brandy Curry, Kevin Massey, and Joe Wallace - won the Class 4A state championship.
The school’s UIL team members will be participating in several invitational meets prior to the district competition next spring. “We have a wonderful team and look forward to Pirate Nation success during this UIL academic season,” commented UIL academic coach Connie Stone.
Pictured above are (left to right): back – Connor Hammond, Kirk Wallace, Quade Gibson, Bret Roper, Chris Langer; front – Evangelina Oviedo, Maggie Smith, Kelly Burns, Katy Lucas.
Links to Related Information:
Previous News Articles: