Name/Address Changes and W-4s

Posted by GISD Business Office on 11/11/2021

All employees are reminded to report name and address changes to the Human Resources Office as soon as possible. 

For name changes, you are required to provide a new “original” Social Security card indicating your new name before employment records will be changed.  

TRS goes by the name that is on the Social Security Card please be sure that copies of updated Social Security Cards and Driver’s License are turned in by December 1. 

In addition, you must submit a new W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate) if you have had any of the following changes during 2021: 

  • Marital status
  • Withholding allowances
  • Name change
  • Address change 

The new W-4 may be submitted to the Human Resources Department by December 15. 

A W-4 form is available on the Internal Revenue Service website at